1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man attacked and arrested for being black at hospital

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CCorn, Nov 23, 2022.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jebus.

There have been a few police brutality incidents where I unserious the cops POV - suspect appears to have a weapon, suspect is running, suspect is fighting back, etc.

Unless more information comes out, this just appears to be overt racism. A man with mental issues is attacked by dog, locked inside a car, detained and charged for a crime for absolutely no reason.

More at link.

https://abc13.com/violently-attacke...5X_m47TPoCjAQAXnWlBn233_3UwXs&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

#1 CCorn, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Another case of walking while black.

No apology from the officers or the hospital also. What ****ing assholes.

RedRedemption and Ziggy like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The most disturbing part was that the LEO 'accidently' locked themselves out of the car while he was put in the back and having a seizure. This is either the height of incompetence or something worse.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta love their "suspiciously" language they love using for anything. Such a subjective feeling. I can be walking down the street and if I look at them funny, they could deem it suspicious behavior if I am black or brown. Must be nice being white.

RedRedemption and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Racism is disgusting. I hope she gets identified and has to bear the consequences.

RedRedemption and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t…

Despite what happened, police still charged Cummins with resisting arrest and took him to jail.

"They absolutely did everything wrong every step of the way," Ruiz said.

He said he was put on suicide watch and kept in a cell without any clothing for two days.

"I didn't run," Cummins said. "I have mental problems but I'm not crazy. I didn't run. I would have been crazy to run. I'm an unarmed, Black man running and they think I'm an inmate. They would have killed me for nothing."

look at how generous they are…

The criminal charge has since been dropped.

I’m sure there’s only a few “bad apples” in this bunch :rolleyes::rolleyes:

he’s lucky he didn’t go to scratch his nose and end up a statistic

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya this isn't an action of a few bad apples. These are actions of an entire department.

This is why people just want to start over with law enforcement. It's to its core rotten.