1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Malone or Hakeem?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sw847, Jun 28, 2013.

?

which center would you start a new team with?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2013.
  1. Hakeem

93.7%
  2. Malone

6.3%
  1. sw847

sw847 Member

I got into a discussion with a friend about which of these two all time great centers would you choose to start a team with? nothing too much to say about the two, guess everyone here knows all too well about them.

So if you were to choose a center for you team, which one would it be?

malone vs Hakeem

2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Mo taught Dream a lot of his moves. I saw both play although I was young when I saw Moses and I would say Dream was quicker and ultimately would out quick Moses. Moses had more power though. I'll take them both!

You could make this a poll.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

Which one won two NBA championships back to back in 1994 and 1995?

That's the one I would pick...

4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

It's a poll now. Never mind.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Both NBA Champions. A tough choice, Hakeem has a slight edge because of his quickness and versatility.

6. VBG

VBG Member

Hakeem. Clearly Better defensively. Slightly better offensively.

7. treeman

treeman Member

Seriously, who do you think is going to win this poll? Malone was in a different era, before most people here were born. Yes, he was awesome, but how many championships did he bring Houston?

All of that aside, in today's environment, I'd take Hakeem every day. Good C's are hard to come by, and look at the hoops we're jumping through to get in no way could measure up to Hakeem in his prime. Hakeem was UNSTOPPABLE in his prime. No one has ever done the Dream Shake better than he did. He would absolutely dominate today's front courts. Malone... would still be a fantastic player. But I doubt he'd win us a championship the way Hakeem did. Two, that is.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Oh God. I thought this was about Karl when I opened the thread.

I was kissed and ready to call for your banning.