1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Rockets rekindle extension talks with MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

CP3 did do it, but the truth is his and Harden's way of attacking the defense is not two different dimensions. Meaning, if there happens to be a team well suited to guarding what Harden does, then it will certainly shut down CP3 too. We're not hedging at all in this way.

With the Warriors, they run it through Curry and if that doesn't work Draymond. These two create points in totally different ways so when we adjust to one of them, they flip a switch and change the dynamic of the offense. Of course with Durant, they ALSO have the option of just going ISO.

We need someone who can create from the high post and we need our team to know how to play a ball movement, off ball offense as a hybrid to our current system. Right now, we have a suffocating bottleneck, and there's only so many times you can run a playing style before a championship level defense reduces its utility.

Bo6, ak99999 and Ramo$e like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm currently living in WV , can confirm there is not

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

I don't like the way this is being handled nor how it's being made public. This is embarrassing. And it's not going to end well.

RyanB and Richie_Rich like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This has the makings of a great On Off Relationship.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

have actually been there several times and love it. great nature -- hiking, rafting, etc

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm, I would slightly disagree here(again not trying to argue haha). Because in the Utah series last year I think Cp was very important. Obvioulsy Harden was our best player but they were keying in on our style and Cp being able to hit his open mid rangers in that series really helped. He even dropped like 40 and like 10 in game 5 haha. I would say there are some defenses Cp is more adept to handling, at least last year.

I agree with the rest. The term "suffocating bottleneck" is a pretty apt description. Last year I feel like Cp3 was our release valve for this but this year we just very stifled at times(of course our offense is still very great imo with really just minor tweaks that need to be made). Our defense is a much MUCH bigger issue for sure, specifically personnel.

Wanted to know what you think of the Raptors offense.

Mathloom likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I agree with that, but I don't think that CP3 exists anymore. Elite CP3 definitely could bring another dimension.

I like the Raptors offense but frankly it's not the best. It's nitpicking, but Siakam is pretty bad at passing out of double teams, Van Vleet is not this good a scorer for long stretches and Ibaka tends to take bad shots. They ISO Kawhi quite often, and they're not great at forcing the switch he requests. Overall though they have so many dimensions: ISO, catch and shoot, transition and high post. It's more than enough to put together an excellent offense.

#107 Mathloom, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    saleem and HP3 like this.
  8. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Do you not realize this guy coaches....LITERALLY one side of the ball. And on that side he has failed to maximize the talent?

Look at what you even know. He needs to diversify the offense. Meaning he needs to stop spamming isolations and pick and rolls at the top of the 3. DAntoni is not coaching well on the only side he coaches. Lets not even BEGIN to talk about his rotations and feel for the game.

Gerald Green? Joe Johnson? Ugh.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

I was hopeful when I clicked the spoiler. I wasn't disappointed :D:D:D:D

J.R. likes this.
  10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

“It’s a tricky thing, I think in the playoffs. You have to make adjustments even when you’re winning” - Nick Nurse

I want a coach like this so bad

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He has done an excellent job overall. He just sucks in the playoff situations though. Nobody has to be a hater to have legitimate corncerns if he can coach on a championship level. He still hasn't proven that yet.

#111 Ramo$e, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    amaru likes this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Rockets should give him a five year extension fir the regular season only. Let one of his assistants coach and he takes vacation time whenever we meet Golden State each year.

amaru likes this.
  13. farhen

farhen Member

Lol now you've done it. Adding more oil to the fire :cool:

14. Nook

Nook Member

It was ridiculous to think a multi billionaire would care about four million dollars.

RayRay10, Deuce, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't want this to happen. I want a coach who makes adjustments and doesn't just hope and pray Harden does something. Why are we so unlucky as a franchise?

PeterKingX and amaru like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Because the owner is confused and the GM has limited basketball experience.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Looks like iso basketball ain't going anywhere. James will dominate the league for the next couple of years and then we will get bounced in the playoffs by GS even if the sanke leaves

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We had him in house and let him leave

ISOBall and amaru like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

More like Mike , Dan and Tony aren't on the hot seat ….

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would let DA move on. He can't seem to make in-game adjustments. He just keeps doing what isn't working which continues not to work. Like Harden he is a regular season wonder, but when the playoffs start neither seem able to get into the nuances of the second season.