1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Machete Attack at NYC Hannukah Event; Anti-Semitic Activity Increasing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 29, 2019.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Five stabbed in a gruesome attack.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ion-several-attacked-suburban-nyc/2768396001/

Why is anti-Semitic activity on the rise? This is the 9th example in the past week in NYC alone.

Surely our democratic congresswomen's comments have nothing to do with it, right?
    • Ilhan Omar: Israel has hypnotized the world, and she prayed that people would see the “evil doings of Israel.” She apologized for these, but only after she was called out for them (insincere)...
    • Rashida Tlaib: Supporter of BDS "Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions" on Israel
    • AOC supporting anti-Semitic UK labour candidates

Suspect was caught...
    [​IMG]

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Disgusting , glad they caught him. What does Israel and Ilhan Omar have to do with this? Or is that you inserting your own agenda to a tragedy again

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hate crimes have risen nation-wide. Since trump became president. Any connection?

Speaking of trump... he is focusing on his own troubles. As usual.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Trump's fault.... seriously? LOL.

Tension was rising when Obama was president too. Blame him too?

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think you can't blame those Congress people anymore than Trump. It's not right to pass blame for these attacks without an actual call for violence being made and a direct tie.

And I will say that Israel the country is now all Jewish people and they should be critiqued. It is an apartheid state and should be questioned on many of its practices. Also anyone should be able to divest or boycott anything. That's freedom and I think it is more than American to support freedom of speech and allowing for calls for such things. Also AOC, is well, AOC. I don't she even knows what Jewish people are as she didn't know how to use a garbage disposal.

6. NewRoxFan

FBI data... note that hate crimes went down from 2008 to 2009 and then rose sharply from 2016 to 2017.

[​IMG]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...jor-american-cities-infographic/#5a1a247eb8d0

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean look at that graph they lowered during Obama's presidency

You do know he was sworn into office in 2009 right?

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No, but It seems bigots like it when a Republican is President. They feel EMBOLDEN.

No Worries and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So if we say that Iran is bad and we should boycott them or god forbid sanction them, does that make us Islamaphobic?

Just curious and trying to understand the logical consistency here.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump's support of White Nationalism is resulting in violence. Plain and simple

12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I hate crime. Crime doesn't pay. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Hey wait a minute...didn't Trump pass an executive order regarding anti-Semitism? Can't be his fault. Let's blame knives.

13. fchowd0311

He actually did and the majority of the Jewish community have large concerns over the order labeling American Jewish people as a different nationality.

It also labeled criticism of the nation-state of Israel as anti-Semitic which many Jewish Americans did not like because many of them are also critical of Israel.

14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I can see the concern. I don't understand the need for an exec order addressing anti-semitism.

15. fchowd0311

The need here was for Trump to pander red meat. The order was meant for college campuses who protest Israel. His base hates colleges and their activism. That is what it was. Pure red meat.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

So you’re saying it’s Trumps fault now and not white men? I guess whatever fits your narrative.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

You’re an idiot. Plain and simple

19. NewRoxFan

Apparently trump tweeted his concern in between holes...

20. fchowd0311

I'm assuming @Space Ghost just has higher expectations for left leaning posters in terms of being the ad hominem police.