1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luke Walton and Britney??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by playlife, Apr 10, 2007.

1. playlife

playlife Member

Britney Spears is Dating a Basketball Player

Britney Spears is dating a 6ft 8ins basketball star.

The 25-year-old singer has reportedly fallen for Los Angeles Lakers player
    Luke Walton and has been showing her support courtside.

Britney screamed Luke's name with the rest of his fans during the game
    against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday (04.08.07).

A source said: "A stable successful man is the perfect medicine for Britney
    after her disastrous marriages.

"It's early days but she seems content at last."

The mother-of-two has been seen at several basketball games since leaving
    rehab but has tried to keep her new romance under wraps.

She even wore a number 24 jersey, the shirt worn by Luke's teammate Kobe
    Bryant, to fool people.

Last month, Britney reached a $1 million divorce settlement with Kevin
    Federline.

The couple are expected to share custody of their two sons, 18-month-old
    Sean Preston and Jayden James, six months.

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/weblog/comments2/britney_spears_is_dating_a_basketball_player/

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

For Luke's sake, I hope this isn't true.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Not sure how I feel about this.Oh how I miss the days when she was still the hot sh*t. Hope it works out for them.

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I was running on a treadmill when I saw this on TV then instantly vomited.

5. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

I want to hear what Bill's thoughts are on his son's romantic forays . . . .

-Turbo

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

so is Luke going to shave his head now?

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I dont like these kinds of reports....

have they been seen in public together? are they actually dating or is wearing his jersey and screaming "Luuuuuuke" with 18,000 other people suficient evidence that they are linked?

reportedly is the key word in that blurb...

edit:
    what in gods name is wrong with celebrity journalism? to fool people? how do they come up with this stuff?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Unless he's a complete idiot, this won't last very long. I think Luke Walton is a sharp guy. First Justin, then K-Fed; Luke will be strike 3 for her.

9. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Why would you want to here him babble for 20 minutes about pure nonsense?

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

oh dear lord... can we just exile Brittany from the Island already.

I didn't like the girl when she was on Mickey Mouse Club... it has only gotten worse since then.

11. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Man, Walton proves he's B-list. Buy low, sell high. Get in early like Justin, not after K-Fed and whatever trash she's been humping at the rehab center.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Throw it down big man, throw it down!

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, that's real specific there.

Uh-huh, sure. Reported by who exactly?

Good lord, there's no way any of you guys are taking this seriously, right?

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

She was also at the Nuggets game I believe. At every Laker home game, the camera pans out to catch each and every "star" at least once.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

but AstroRocket, she was screaming his name at the Lakers game :rolleyes:

incidentally, I was screaming Yao Ming's name at the Lakers/Rockets game at Staples, it has been reported that I am pining over a 7'6" Chinese NBA center...

these are the worst kinds of tabloid blurbs... the non-stories...

16. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Dump her, Luke. You're too good for her.

17. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Ok, this is what these are made for:

:rolleyes:

Two years ago, Britney and Walton were rumored to have gone out a few times. TWO YEARS AGO. Spears showed up at a game the other day with a sign that gave shout-outs to Walton, Chris Mihm (who hasn't been with the team much), and Kobe. Does that mean she's going out with Mihm?

This girl has photos staking out her house 24/7. She couldn't make out with that fat rock singer a few weeks ago without everyone knowing. Anyone that goes in and out of her house, any place she goes to eat/shop/whatever, ANYTHING that girl does is documented. So, unless she has some underground tunnel that Walton can access -- the Britney Cave -- this is beyond bogus.

18. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

tap that ass first. :D

19. richter911

richter911 Member

Britney is so lost. She is so desperately trying to find her niche. And for some strange reason, she seems to have determined that it is in professional basketball.

Over the last week or so, Britney’s attended not one but two Laker basketball games. In and of itself, that’s not so strange. Celebs like Jack, Kristin Davis, Denzel Washington, Adam Sandler and Mark Walberg attend them all the time. But Britney probably doesn’t know the difference between a 3-point shot and a touchdown and rumor has it that the real reason she’s been a “Laker girl” is that she has the hots for Laker basketball player Luke Walton. (For all of you non-Laker fans, even though Luke has worked his way up to be a starter on the team, he is fundamentally C-list which makes him exactly Brit’s type. She has a thing for under-achievers.)

My theory about her sudden presence at the games is different. If you’ve ever been to an NBA game, you know that in between the action, the big screen operator puts up the faces of all of the celebs in attendance. All the fans go wild when they see their favorite celebs. Supposedly Britney was booed at the first Laker game she attended, but this was a bunch of bunk. Yeah, it would have been scandalous if it had happened, but it didn’t. The fact is that everyone cheers for celebs at basketball games, even for the D-listers, because to really and truly LOVE L.A. and love your Lakers, you have to love what makes it better than every other city: Hollywood. To boo celebrities is to curse your team. So you know Britney is getting some big fan love at Laker games. And she’ll be there every single night if it means getting cheap applause from the big screen to feed her fragile ego.

And isn’t that just a reminder of how tragic and pathetic she is. Because sober Britney probably hasn’t totally figured out how deeply insecure she is and always has been. She has never been able to live outside of the public eye because she has no private identity. It’s like that whole tree and the forest question: If Britney falls down in a forest and no one sees or hears it, it never happened. She has such a huge fear of “not existing” publicly that she’s taken a chain saw to her life to make sure that when she sh*ts, we hear about it. She’s totally addicted to us and our response to her, good or bad. She is 100% a fan addict.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

You forgot the link...

(Please tell me that was an article from somewhere and you did not just actually write all that and post it here)