1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola our new 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 23, 2011.

?

Do you think that Louis Scola should:

1. Start

119 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Come off the bench

11 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stay

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Go

9 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Rockets_Texans

no power forward is better than scola in our roster

2. dartherus

dartherus Member

Agreem besides, "energy" players are needed as spark plugs off the bench. Scola is the opposite. Scola is great as a starter, and the best young player can come off the bench bringing energy.

3. rju1986

rju1986 Member

We need a reliable paint presence on offense. He would also serve well, like Bullard said, as a calming force to the 2nd unit. However, he is definitely needed more @the start; and the young bench can bring the energy. Our bench is better than your bench, bench :)

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We already tried to trade him....

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why would you ever bench Scola...

6. Hemotivo

Hemotivo Member

Why not KMart coming off the bench???? :confused:

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Because we have a plethora of scorers that can play K-mart's position and Martin is our top scorer, but in saying that, you're right, why not Martin? Our roster allows us the flexibility to mix and match.

If it is in the best interests of the team to have Lee start in place of Martin, so be it...by that rational, the same should apply for each member of the team. Agree?

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's not a terrible idea. Scola is a one-dimensional player. In fact his TS% is around the same as Brooks had, and most people wanted AB to come off the bench.

9. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

do you watch rockets bball? Scola is super good. He's the one that will carry us this year. Bench? you gotta be kidding me.

10. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

totally agree!!!

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Thank You:grin:

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I like this idea.

Just my observations from 2 preseason games, a starting lineup of Lowry, TWill, Morris, Hill, Scola makes some sense. TWill is much improved and Morris has a big time J.

You can then bring Flynn (or Lin), Lee, Martin, Thabeet, Patterson off the bench. Thabeet and Patterson provide a good defensive combo for all those blow-bys that Martin and Budinger get.

13. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

That starting lineup looks legit, but I would put Martin at the 2 and T Will and the 3 until Morris shows some consistency. He was awesome in the second game, but didn't really do anything in the first. I'm not at all saying that he won't eventually be our starting 3, but I dont think we should start a rookie based on one preseason game.

I do like the idea of starting T Will, though. Starting Budinger, Scola, and Martin together, even with the help of Sammy D is not going to cut it defensively. Martin and Scola are both the best at their positions, Budinger probably isn't. If anyone on this roster needs to come off the bench to contribute offensively, it should be Bud.