1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're an idiot. How can you even presume to tell me how I came about anything? Who exactly do you think you are? Are you in my brain, it's wasn't dumb luck it was common sense. It seems like dumb luck to you cuz you're a flippin idiot. Whats the chance of you getting into a car accident if you stayed your ass at home all day? The answer is there is no chance, cuz you didn't get into a car. Sitting our top 8 so we could be totally healthy for the playoffs was the prize we won for having a great season and MDA didn't take it. Instead he risked our guys for no reason at all.

2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

That's fantastic. My favorite player will probably see some court time after all!

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So happy Luc is OK

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Fake video.

Smacktle likes this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Maybe by game 3 or 4 or depends how much we dominate the wolves if it looks like a sweep let’s just have him ready for the second round :).

But it is really nice seeing him in practice.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets lost 17 games this season. Seven of those losses was with Luc not in the lineup. He is very important to the success of this team.

Smacktle, Chanmarr and ArtV like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I am in your brain.

it tastes like lettuce.

red, D-rock, alethios and 1 other person like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Even worse, like 13 or 14 of the 17 were without JOE JOHNSON.

X factor brah.

Smacktle, Deckard, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  9. baubo

baubo Member

The Wolves have had a better record this year with Butler than the Rockets have without Luc.

Clearly the Rockets are underdogs of the series. I hope we can win a few games to make it competitive.

10. dmoneybangbang

I would still be surprised to see him play in round one. We weren't lucky with the playoff draw but hopefully we can wrap up round 1 in 5 games and hopefully the Warriors and OKC are taken to 7.

11. alethios

alethios Member

I'm fine with Luc sitting out the first round. We should be able to tame the Timberpuppies without him.

Smacktle likes this.
  12. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Uh huh....

13. Rocketsfan3422

kwahi faints

Pat likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am curious if he can play like Ryan Bowen defense only no shooting at all in Round 1

RasaqBoi and napalm06 like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Several of those game coincided with one of CP3 , Capela or Harden being out as well.

16. Voltik

Voltik Member

That would be 14 games without atleast one of the big three

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah! Luc shouldn't raise his elbows above his head until the deciding game in the WC Finals. Problem solved. :cool:

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Did hear that Luc played light, but looked "good." ...for what it's worth :) That's great news. I want Luc to play, but I also feel comfortable with Joe Johnson providing some leadership. There are plenty of reasons that Joe is STILL a great signing, but for the sake of our championship run, he offers us a look that no other player on our team can. (Even my guy knows that his best moves in the post come from speed and go-to manipulations versus patient footwork that forces defenses to forget that 00s ball still exists.

Also, for all the JJ hate:

He thrives as the underdog. Originally, I heard that we were on his short list, but Utah had plans to trade him elsewhere. So, it was a pleasant release....pause.

More importantly, MDA is smart enough to put him in on offense and make a Wolves guys like Wig, Rap---I mean Rose, a switch with JTeague (underrated good lord btw), an odd switch with Taj (almost a Rocket with DougieBuckets btw) and EVEN Jimmy Butler guard him on a post up.

Sounds awful, right? Definitely not. Why? Iso Joe doesn't have the same handles, but with his age and experience, he's one of the best BIG guards at using his body in the post in a way that other guards HATE. He embraces physicality. We've already seen how this works, even with CP3 and James, who post up effectively as called on, but:

WHen the time is appropriate, MDA is going to post Joe up and let him start going to work. He's easily going to overpower Wigs and give a puppy like Taj some trouble. MDA isn't looking for Joe to score here. He's simply looking for Joe to create the essential space that the Rockets need to attack from the 3 or the lane

Consider, Joe has the size and strength to easily take a guy from beyond the block, to, well, at some points, directly at he rim. But, by the time he gets there, the weak-side help (KAT etc) is ready to swat his shicaca to Royce White in the stands being well. Anyway, Joe's expertise at using his body and strength highlights his underrated ability to pass out of a double team to a cutter or to the best option on the 3.

Even more, if MDA and Joe decide that he doesn't need to serve as a post-up decoy, we all know that Joe can get up a shot whenever he wants. He's been spotty, but again, Playoff Joe is a different monster, and MDA knows how to get the best out of him. *Like the 7 degrees of Trevor Ariza and CP3, allegedly Joe chose Htown because of coach. He was offered more money and a bigger role out east in some warm weather.

When and if MDA use Joe as a focal point for a few possessions, look for Gerald Green to make the post pass. If you've watched closely, Gerald has been exceptional at delivering Joe the ball as Joe's establishing deeper position,all while Gerald cuts behind for the easy reach or directly through the lane for the aggressive take.

Ego also thrives in this situation as he's able to set his feet in the corner for a kickout, with PLENTY of time to release it.

So, get well Luc, but don't forget what Joe can do. Look at the tapes. Ignore the age, like Mutumbo would say.

And, watch how Joe gets in there and Mr Confident Butler volunteers to guard him. Then watch as Joe takes his time and Jimmy reaches and is whistled for the foul? Oh, is that number 3 in the second quarter? Thibs, you better run everything through Kat and hope Clint has the flu.

This will be fun.

With our without Luc, Rockets in 5. NeNe shows you why he's rested to bully Ant and KittyKat. PJ Tucker becomes the offensively-effective Dennis Rodman.Trev is Trev. CP3 plays with some happiness for a change (instead of desperation with Doc riding him) and James Harden continues to show why he is the MVP...without it being remotely close.

Wild Prediction:

PJ holds every player he guards to the lowest shooting % of any Rocket; Chris Paul scores more points than James in this series (because Thibs ALWAYS doubles in the playoffs); AND if he gets the minutes, my friend averages 10/5

Love ya'll

Xove

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Always great to read these updates, Cod.

Having Ego out in the last weeks made it plain simple to realize how crucial he is as a reliable shooter in any rotation. That's one less worry to force a shot when someone isn't feeling it.

Sunday can't come soon enough!

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is a low-key reason why I dislike Presti? Does he have a camera in the Rockets executive offices? It seems like Presti is always poaching Morey's targets.

DonKnock and RasaqBoi like this.