1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Loyal to the name on the front of the jersey not the back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MultipleSauces, Dec 12, 2020.

1. MultipleSauces

Like many of you guys, I lost confidence in what the rockets were doing . For decades, I’ve watched this team and been lurking on these servers.reading clutch fans when I was at work, reading clutch fans when laying in bed, reading clutchfans while taking massive dumps..but I digress.

like many of you; I watched the talking heads pontificate and drive the narrative that our guy harden was a player that was difficult to play with due to his usage and 1v1 style ; I openly declared that I would quit watching the rockets when Morley left and Westbrook was traded, bemoaning our lack of draft picks and detesting our prioritization of luxury tax savings.

like many of you, I agreed that our rockets would never be able to defeat the lakers, and felt as if our franchise was heading into the direction of mediocrity. But watching These guys play without harden and Westbrook was awesome! Actual PLAYS WERE BEING RUN! All of our new additions and young players were ballin! We don’t really even need the draft picks because we have enough talent to develop on this roster. Coach Silas is the perfect coach for us, as he exemplifies our culture- hungry, young, passionate, and pays attention to detail . His rotations aren’t going to be stupid . His plays out of bounds are going to be deceptive. We will still be running a efficient offense without the gimmicky small ball bs. John wall looks healthy and that’s a better player than Westbrook .

like many of you guys, I’m now excited for this season . Our team is full of underrated 2 way players . Love harden, and hope he can come to realize that it’s all good in htown. But if not, even Ben Simmons would be great on this squad .

thanks for coming to my Ted talk

roxallways, MIAGI99, Shark44 and 25 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rockets fan first!

DD

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Lets be honest.. you are a little drunk aren't you?

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm excited... granted its a small sampling size, but I liked what I saw...

DeBeards and MultipleSauces like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i, too, get pumped up after 1 preseason game.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I’ve been on this sh**. And I will always be on it.

Houston Rockets. No one player would ever top that.

Bit**es they come they go. Sunday thru Sunday, Monday, Monday thru Sunday, yo!

7. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Be careful my friends. Preseason is where the Kelvin Cato’s and Donte Green’s happen.

8. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

maybe im in the minority...but watching basketball where the ball touched more than one players hands....was the most fun ive had watching the rockets since 2018 with cp3....harden is an all time great no disputing that...but at the end of the day while i really appreciate individual talent, team basketball is just more enjoyable to watch from an entertainment perspective...i kind of am rooting for harden to get traded in a weird way (hopefully for simmons)...ready for the next chapter...also silas is impressive

vlaurelio, PDJACK7 and MultipleSauces like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont root for soulless logos. I support the players just as I support the Rockets. The players are what make a team, not a logo. That's what makes people want to play here how the people support their players.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

These hoes ain’t loyal

D-rock and MultipleSauces like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Amazing what a preseason game can do for fan morale, eh?

12. MultipleSauces

Nope , maybe a little tired from working a lot

13. MultipleSauces

I support the players that are on the rockets. Hated Westbrook , accepted him when he came here, now that he’s on Washington , I’m back to hating him. I hate every player in every team that isn’t the rockets. I respect some of their skills though. Who’s your favorite non rocket?

HP3, juanm34 and wolstein like this.
  14. MultipleSauces

They belong to the streetz

15. MultipleSauces

Preseason : where amazing happens

BigDog63 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I have a lifetime contract with the Rockets. Even if I go to Mars as my next retirement home, I'll be cheering for the Rockets.

DaDakota and MultipleSauces like this.
  17. MultipleSauces

I feel you ! So strange to see midrange jumpers isn’t it lol

DCHAMP and DaDakota like this.
  18. MultipleSauces

Kelvin was a solid 4 next to yao , he was admittedly overpaid but he was a decent defensive big. Donte green helped us get artest from that 40 point game in preseason.. but your point is taken

tinman likes this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I mean, they looked great against the Bulls, if you were add a player like Harden to this team they might be a contender.

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

It is only one preseason game, a long season, too early to tell, but i luv the title of this thread, i luv rooting for players who go all out every game to strive n to hustle like play their last game in lifetime. No matter L or W, they won't give it up, ean respect from fans n opponents.
    That's the hoop all about.
    most important of all, i luv this team.