1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lousiana treated like Third World Country

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 26, 2010.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This Oped is about how the Oil Industry has been more a detriment than a postive for Louisiana as true for a lot of third world countries rich in Oil. It reminded of Spike Lee's documenetary on Katrina, this issue was addressed. However on the Katrina documentary, I remember the people being upset because a lot of that oil money goes to Texas, which is also briefly mentioned in this piece.

Bargain with Dev urrgghh Oil

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is some truth to this Louisiana is still being treated like that. Consider how Jindal and others are up in arms over a 6 month moratorium on offshore drilling while just one accident, the cause of which still isn't exactly known, is destroying La's tourism and seafood industry.

3. Ari

Ari Member

Louisiana IS a third world country. In fact, scratch that, I have been to multiple third world nations, and some of them are nicer places to be than Louisiana, with far nicer people.

I think if the USA could lose a few states from the South, our overall social-economic-health-educational standings would immediately improve.

1 person likes this.