1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Losing on purpose?......Never

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Skyrocket, Mar 17, 2000.

1. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Member

I am a proud Rocketfan from Amsterdam for years now. I don't speak out that much, as a matter of fact this is the first time, but I just wanted to say this. No matter how much I like that Lottery Race feature Clutch put on the site, I must say that I am very disappointed in the fact that the big part of the voters hopes that the remainder of the season brings more losses so we can have a better chance to get a top pick.
    I think we already have a great talented team that needs to grow and ofcourse, it never hurts to get more talent on the team...but to set our minds on losing???? Hey, we're the Rocks remember? We were always about winning and that should be that way (even this season).
    Also, we all know there is a chance Dream quits after this season(at least I have that feeling, correct me if I'm wrong). Hakeem is a winner in heart and soul. Should he walk away from the game knowing that his team lost games 'cause they didn't go fullforce?
    When we lose games it still sucks and I never get used to it. So let the Clippers get the first pick and select some 'top talent' like that Kandiman-guy. Y'all know the Rockets scouting staff: we will get the talent anyway.

------------------

2. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I dont ever ever root against the Rockets. I am always rooting for whats best for the Rockets. Other then it will KILL our pride The Lottery is a good thing for us. So what if I said last night during halftime, "dont give up remember the early season headline '4th Quarter, Roll Over and Die'"
    I think the Rockets are trying to win but it just isn't going to happen so The Lottery Is the next best thing to winning.

------------------
    ~John~
    The Cheese Is In. Join us game nights in the chat room.
    JohnyRocket's Fan Site