1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like we can forget about Colon

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NJRocket, Jan 15, 2003.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

From ESPN Insider...

Jan. 15 - A three-way deal involving the Yankees, White Sox and Expos could be announced as early as today. The deal would satisfy the economic needs of all three teams, but it also would satisfy New York's desire to keep Colón away from the Boston Red Sox. Reports in three newspapers say Colón will wind up with the White Sox, who will send Antonio Osuna to the Yankees. Montreal would get Orlando 'El Duque' Hernandez from New York and minor leaguer Jeff Liefer from Chicago.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

How does getting El Duque help the Expos reduce payroll?

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's official. Wow the Expos are bad. What they gave up for Colon is way more then what they got for him.

Link

The Whitesox pay most of his salary i thinks...

4. Buck Turgidson

What a horrible trade for Montreal. This is the first really bad move Minaya has made as GM. I'm curious to hear his rationalization behind it, there had to be better offers out there. Why trade a #1 starter with Cy Young stuff for a declining vet and 2 non-prospects, neither of whom are under the age of 26? Makes absolutely no sense. They'll deal Hernandez to a contender before the trading deadline, but I just can't see why they didn't hold onto Colon and trade him later when teams get a little desperate.

#4 Buck Turgidson, Jan 15, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Baby Theo just got a taste of the big leagues

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I wonder if Colon's arm is worse off than previously suspected.