1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking forward to next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaiaguilar, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

Just read Jonathan's blog. It had some great insight looking forward to next season. Would just like to share it.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/04/hornets_123_rockets_115_thats.html

Some things i noted were:

1. ROSTER CHANGES

Off season Acquisitions

Player Development

Just want to highlight this also...

2. DEFENSE

For those worried about defense. here is some great insight from Coach RA.

3. WHAT KIND OF TEAM WE WILL HAVE NEXT YEAR

--------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, without any changes to this roster (without Yao), all we need is a defensive presence in the paint away from being really legitimate contenders next season.

I'd be assuming that:
    1. the team will develop more chemistry on offense while
    2. defensively they will be able to work on a solid defensive scheme adding a defensive presence in the paint (Camby?)
    3 there would be significant individual improvement from Ariza, Brooks, Hill, Bud and maybe Taylor

Now given all that, think of this...

IF we were to acquire bosh without disrupting the roster too much. and Get a healthy Yao back plus get Camby as a C. We would have a truly elite offense and a roster that has the potential to be a top 5 defense.

Our front court will be unstoppable offensively. No one would be able to guard Bosh 1 on 1 because of the presence of Yao - vice versa. If they do double team, you have an absolutely lethal perimeter attack with Brooks and Martin. You have excellent spot up shooters across the board. and versatility off the bench (Andersen, Hill and Jeffries) to change the dynamics of opposing defense's!

Think of the kind of defensive presence in the paint a Camby, Yao and Bosh
    would bring. The team would have the ability to clog the lanes and force opposing teams to shoot from the outside at will. Then you have elite one on one perimeter defenders in Ariza and Battier whom can limit the effectiveness of the wade's, kobe's, and lebron's out there. Plus chuck hayes who can specialize on shutting down a hot hand.

The talent would be on par IMO with that of the Lakers maybe even better, plus i would expect we would still retain those all those intangibles - hard work, grit, and effort. We have a good coaching staff whom really seem to bring out the best in players, and we have great flexibility to alter the roster if necessary.

I'm definitely looking forward to next season!

1 person likes this.
  2. allforone

allforone Member

52 wins if yao play like yao,and rest are as good or better.

interesting scenario in the western conference

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Don't think we need many changes but the changes we do make have to be spot on. Saying that I can see 3-4 impact players joining the squad next season and that isn't even counting a major trade.

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

When Yao's out for the year, i knew this isn't going to be a fun year and rightly so. So i am lookin forward to next year though. But man...1 yr without Yao is a longgggg time waiting.

5. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

We would have been battling for a 3-8 seed if we had the post trade deadline rockets team to start the the 09/10 season. Our only real flaw is our interior defense. Youth/ inexperience was a bit of a factor but that's pretty much it. We would have at least been on par with the Portland trailblazers.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We've been perpetually looking forward to next season for awhile now... hoping the stars will align. I feel like a dog thats been abused early in his life. You can pet me all you want, Ill like it too, but Ill always cringe and close my eyes in fear of a smack...