1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for something to do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Just wanted to give a heads-up to anyone who might be interested:

If you're looking for something to do on Tuesday night here in the Houston area, I'd suggest you go see <a href="http://www.timreynolds.com/tour/">Tim Reynolds and Greg Howard</a> down at the "Diverse Works art Gallery and Theater". I just got back from Dallas, where I saw the two of them at Trees.

Greg Howard does a solo set of about 8 songs with a really cool instrument - the Chapman Stick. The whole crowd was so awed by it, and got so into his playing that no one wanted him to stop. The guy I went with was like "I have GOT to get some of his stuff". It rocked.

Those of you who are DMB fans know who Tim Reynolds is. He's played with the band on many occasions, and he tours with Dave Matthews on the "Dave and Tim" shows. He plays about 12 to 14 songs. It's kindof a strange setlist -- he lays down some sounds and keeps them going throughout the whole song using a repeater (correct term?). It's really strange. The thing about this tim show (as opposed to others I've watched) is that he basically explores some of the strange things one can do with a guitar. All in all, it's a unique experience that, if you've got an open mind, you should definately check out.

The final encore of the show had Greg Howard and Tim Reynolds playing together on one ending jam that was about 10 minutes long -- Tim played for about 3 minutes, then played the drum machine while Greg stole the show with the stick.

Anyways, I just thought I'd let you all know, in case you're bored, and want to do something on Tuesday evening. It's worth the $10 or $15 ticket price.