1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lithuania Euro champs

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Sir Geving, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Lithuania just won the European championship.
    Saw it on tv 1 hour ago.
    They won 93-84 and Gasol scored 34 points or something like that. He opened pretty good but he wasn't as dominating as 34 p sounds like. He was hot at the end of the game, but Lithuania had almost clinched the victory, leading by over 20 points.
    I was impressed by Lithuania. They had quite a few good players.

2. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I was on the game, I don´t think the final was something special, Lithuania controlled the game and was up by something like 20 point before entering the 4th quarter......Gasol had some problem with his free throw shooting, and to grab some imortant rebounds, but in the end he finished up strong, he´s going to be something special!.........U just must feel some love for Lithuania, they play as a team, has a great point guard, strong in all areas! Definitely worth the gold medal!

3. Matador

Matador Member

Euro League All Star selection:

Eurobasket 2003 All-Star Team
    The All-Star team: Guards Sarunas Jasikevicius (Lithuania) and Tony Parker (France); forwards Saulius Stombergas (Lithuania) and Andrei Kirilenko (Russia); and center Pau Gasol (Spain). Jasikevicius was named tournament MVP.

Jasikevicius would look good in a Rockets uniform.

4. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I agree!

5. tuus

tuus Member

in deciding matches, what i saw, played Tony Parker like one selfish kid. his scoring number were good, but that was with low % and taking teammates out of game

6. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

It's not that he was selfish,it's that most of the clutch plays are designed for him!
    Heck when u have the starting PG of an NBA Champion in ur team wouldn't you want to take advantage of that?! ;)

ALA

7. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

He was bad in the first quarter, he took some ba decisions, but u also have to know that France don ´t have any other offensive trheats, so he just have to take more shots on the national team then he takes in Spurs...... But u have to remember that he´s young, something u noticed in the clutch soutations....He had a chance to end both the semi final and match for the third place...but he just didn´t have it there.........Can someone tell me how he plays with the Spurs?