1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List your favorite Beers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheMountainTop, Oct 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

augustiner hell
    gouden carolous hopsinjoor
    schneider mein nelson sauvin
    ayinger celebrator
    köstritzer schwartz
    shiner bock
    founders canadian breakfast stout
    hövels altbier
    schönramer pils
    schlenkerla rauchbier
    mcneil's firehouse ale
    anything w/ alcohol in it.
    (no order, off top of head, subject to change yada...)

yesterday i tried:
    blue point toxic sludge
    bruery mischief
    flying dog gose
    flying dog pearl necklace oyster stout
    hofstettner granitbock
    mikkeller koppi
    some peat smoked beer?
    and a few others i can't remember

today was old school polish- okocim straight up and warm w/ bluberry syrup.
    shootin dirty pool. ☎

2. Nook

Nook Member

Over the last 10 years we have seen a major shift, the micro and small brewery movement in the USA has made the USA beer market go from bad to the best in the world... Especially in the Mid West... Three Floyd's is arguably the best brewery in the world (Indiana) and Bells, Stone, Founders, Great Lakes and Goose Island are all world class. At this point there are assorted other breweries around the world producing elite beer, but not in the number the USA is.

If you like beer I strongly suggest spending the $2-3 extra and getting Dog Fish, Stones, Bells, Three Floyd's (really amazing), Founders or Great Lakes brews. Right now I have hitting a 6 pack of Bells Double Cream Stout... Excellent.

My current stock is about 400 beers, with Alpha King, Zombie Dust, Bells Hopslam and Dog Fish 120 IPA holding down the fort.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So when are you throwing a clutch fans tasting party? I have a few dogfish 120. Looking forward to seeing how it ages.

Goose Island is supposed to be expanding distribution to all 50 states by December. Hope to see them soon.

4. thegary

stone is from cali, but i agree the midwest is kicking some butt. still, america is not as good as germany or belgium, i'm sorry but it's true.

5. thegary

i think goose was bought out by inbev group. i would suspect their expansion is the begining of the end of their quality.

6. Mr. Clutch

Where do you get all those beers?

I've had the Ayinger and a super peaty Mikkeller, which somehow I liked. Smokey beers are growing on me.

And is the shiner bock a joke?

7. Mr. Clutch

That's right. Well, we'll see.

8. thegary

shiner bock is seared into my body and soul. it's not a matter for me whether it's good or not, it tastes like liquid vagina, it tastes like memory.

1 person likes this.
  9. thegary

i live in nyc, own a bar, and know every bar owner in my hood. i have pretty much an endless supply of beer from here to there.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Perhaps my friend, but I doubt it... I have had literally 2,000 different beers including micro brews.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I know Stone is from California, but it is world class. I like Belgium beer but they cannot touch the USA in the sheer number and quality of beer options in America.

I will say this, there are specific styles of beer Belgium does better, but not overall. Further, virtually all the new advancements are coming from the USA.

Yes, Goose Island was bought by AB, but some how have continued to produce super elite high end world class beers.

When I am in NYC we need to go drinking.

12. thegary

there are people who order coca cola at high end japanese restaurants, what??????
    anywho, not real interested in a pissing contest. i like what i like, i'm not a beer snob, i just love it, know it, and have my preferences. my palate only allows me to drink what's goes w/ the food i like. when i getting my drink on it goes throught the tap lines interspersed w/ whiskey and ☁☁
    let me know if you come to the city.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Works for me, we can down some Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout and talk politics, women and the BS around us... I usually come into town 2-3 times a year and always end up piss drunk.

14. TheMountainTop

I just had modelo negro for the first time and it is good. Now I got to try all the Saint Arnolds

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've actually never been to Mountain Sun, I'll have to stop by

Yep, there are too many to list for me, but this is my clear cut fav

**** West End Tavern for no longer having it on tap.

16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I tried all year last year to get the Hopslam IPA, but it would sell out within 3 hours of it's arrival at the local store. Exactly how good is it? And, do you know if they distribute it around the Houston area (currently in North Carolina, but moving back in January, around time of release)?

17. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

just got a bottle of Tsingtao Stout on my hand. finished it just now with some almonds. surprisingly good. give it a try if you can get one in the states.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Mikkeler draught bear is damn tasty.

19. joesr

joesr Member

Stella and Blue Moon
    Sam Miguel
    Modelo

20. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Gang Nam Lager Beer.