1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lima returning to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by countingcrow, Nov 12, 2004.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I looked around but didn't see anything posted about this...but if I missed it I apologize.

Jeremy Foster played an interview with Lima this morning on 610 and Lima made it known that he would love to come back to Houston and pitch here next season. He said he has some unfinished business with the Astros.

After that dominant performance in the opening round of the playoffs against the Cardinals and his impressive season altogether...I wouldn't mind bringing him back...

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Neither would I. Used to be one of my favorite Astro pitchers since 98-00, along with Mike Hampton.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

So they can bring back the CASA OLE commericial ? :)

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I haven't seen Lima pitch since his Astros days. But has he corrected that problem with giving up long flyballs? Dodger stadium is a much better pitcher's park than MMP.

5. Greg M

Greg M Member

I loved Lima. He was my idol for a couple of years. I remember a game in the Dome when Lima was out egging on the crowd before first pitch, maybe visiting BP. I've never experienced a player trying to amp up the fans before a game, especially for a regular season game he wasn't going to play in. I had a perma-smile. I leaned over looking into my friend's eyes and told her that I was going to bear Lima's children. I adamantly told her that if the Astros ever got rid of him, I'd buy a copy of Lima's meringue CD and push it to all of my friends. It would be the only music I would listen to for months. When he was traded for Dave Mlicki, I bought Lima's CD, found the address of a Tigers season ticket holder and I mailedd the CD with a picture of myself with a picture of myself in complete joy.

Lima is older, wiser and every bit as volatile as he was before. Jose Lima was a confident man but after he looked the devil in the face, he's never been the same since. It was a pissing contest and the Crawford Boxes smacked him around so hard that even the Tigers didn't want him. He had to grovel and shine shoes in Newark until he fanagled his way into a concessions job with the Bears. I was on the edge of my seat cheering on Lima in the NLDS. Since I turned 30, I can't afford any sudden cardiac problems and Lima would certainly increase the rate of stroke and heartattacks in the greater Houston area. Lima might be able to start the season with a decent week or two in Houston but once the LF line got into his head, he'd implode. I'd rather have Chris Holt pitch for the Astros and I hate that spineless terd. Lima remains one of my favorite players. I hope he either ponies up in LA or in Shea.

6. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Nope, he catch pitch in this park.

7. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Exactly; you guys must be forgetting 2000. Jose Lima cannot pitch at Minute Maid Park.

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

EEES LIMA TIME!
    BEEELIEEEVE IT!

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

How can you expect any pitcher to catch his own pitch? I think we're expecting too much from Lima.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

As long as he brings back his wife. :)

11. stubbyc

stubbyc Member

Stay the hell away from Lima. I can see another 40 HR allowed season from him in this park.

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

If Lima comes to town, we're all going to have to donate batteries for Dave2000's camera.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see any harm in trying to bring him in for spring training. The guy has an uncanny knack for performing above his ability. I love guys like that (Bill Spiers).

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I mean he can come in and at least give us what he's got.

He did alright in a stint with detroit and had a good season with the Dodgers but of course those were not minute maid park.

He did give up 33 home runs this season so that's nothing new really.

But even in the year he went 21 - 10 he gave up 30 home runs so he can possibly do it again if given a chance.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Ha, your camera is better than mine, plus you go to more Astros games than I do. :)

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

Not going to happen. Lima wants a paycheck, and Uncle Drayton isn't giving him one.

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

'The Limas are back!!

[​IMG]

18. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

No we are expecting anything from Lima b/c he not going back.

19. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

What's the problem? So, we get rid of Tal's hill (sp?) and get rid of the Crawford boxes, problems solved. :p

Carlos and Beltran, come hither.......

20. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Nice boobie job. :D