1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Life

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by leebigez, Oct 9, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I will be turning 40 in a couple of months and have been thinking about things I've done or would have done differently. When I drove trucks,they used to say always look out the front windshield and not the side mirrors because they're bigger. Basically, keep it moving and don't look back. I have a great family, both of my parents are still living and doing well,oldest daughter doing great in college, and I make alot of money doing nothing. Is there something that you wished you would have done different? I guess my only regret is giving up on hoops.

When I see guys like rafer alston and damon jones play in the nba, I kinda wonder where i would have been if i just kept playing after my college days. I had an offer to tryout for the john lucas coached wbl team in florida. I also had an offer to play in germany. I guess i was consumed about taking care of my daughter who was born my sophmore year in college and thought it would be better to just graduate, get into the workforce, and go that route. I'm happy I was able to care for my child and do what i had to do. It doesn't bother me, but I wonder if i would had stuck with it. I make alot of money, but not basketball money. My trucking company has been great to me and the family nd it runs itself, but basketball has always been my first love.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Life sucks.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm almost a quarter century and my only regret is that I didn't take school seriously immediately after high school. I was also very shy and afraid to do things outside my comfort zone.

Nowadays I try to take Nike's advice and just do it... or do the dew? That has gotten me in more trouble than before as well as awkward moments, but less boring.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkUnlejMqjQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkUnlejMqjQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="360"></embed></object>

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cool life, bro.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Dude...how old are you....I'm pretty sure I've seen you say you were 13.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

and this is on your profile....

8. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This always makes me laugh when looking back at where my life has taken me...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_YK9wVK6IQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_YK9wVK6IQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We all have regrets and "what if's" when looking back at our life. I certainly do. A chance to go out of town to school that I passed on because of a girl. A music festival I could have gone to and didn't (yes, the one they made a movie of). A job I shouldn't have taken. Not going to the West Coast to live when it was all happening there (although a lot was happening here, and I was in that up to my neck). Standing in the rain with a beautiful chick in Amsterdam and not kissing her because I was being a "gentleman." Not staying with another girl in Amsterdam that I had an affair with. A whole list of things I'm not mentioning.

Heck, I regret that I'm not 40 years old. You're so damned lucky to be only 40, Leeb. Enjoy it. I've been lucky, though. I have a treasure trove of memories I wouldn't trade for anything. Two wonderful kids and a significant other I don't deserve. You sound lucky, yourself. Enjoy your time. It passes.

2 people like this.
  11. leebigez

Deckard, its not really about regrets and maybe I didn't continue playing because it wasn't in gods plan. Hell, going to swt wasn't even in the plans, but I'm glad i went there because of the friends I met and the guys I'm still close with. Time does pass fast and you can't get those days back either, so I'm living it up right now. Jerry Rice said he was so driven by failure that he didn't take the time to enjoy the journey. Well, I'm going to continue to enjoy the journey as we all should.

12. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

This thread is too sentimental and deep.

Where da azzes and boobies at? Where my white b***** at? 6'3 Latinos???

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wrong.

No regrets.

Optima spera. Ad pessmia para.

Sisu.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You got some pre-c*m inside your girlfriend too huh?

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

no seas mamilas guey

16. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

wow :rolleyes:

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Maybe I gave up on Hip Hop too soon.
    Well . . .could not get over my stage fright :D

Rocket River

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you crossed the line :mad:

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is like the opposite of Karl Malone every 90's interview --
    Basketball is what I do... but " fawrmin' an ranchin' is my first love "

..... I regret damn near everything. I'm well into the 90% regret range of all decisions. I've learn to take pride in being the lowly "at least I'm not like HIM" example :eek: Its almost better to have a bad identity than have no identity at all.

20. leebigez

Pretty much,lol. I graduated double major bio and chemistry and the pre can get a woman pregnant too. Really, there are only like 7-10 days when a woman can get pregnant anyway. Yeah, I read that thread, pretty interesting stuff.