1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal Media Needs to be Better to be Above Reproach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wizkid83, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I knew these libs wouldn't have one good thing to say about the cognitive test and good health declaration.

This thread is now about a 70 year old man's heighth and BMI

RocketsLegend and Roc Paint like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Did you see the doctor's press conference? "It's genetics man". "He could live up to 200 years old if he altered his diet".

Ya, when you realize there are no legal repercussions for a medical doctor to lie to the public about their patient's results, it's totally within the realm of possibility that the doctor was full of ****.

Also, do you even know which cognitive test he took? A 3rd grader can pass it. It's not a test of intelligence. It's to see if you are mentally disabled. The test takes ten minutes and some examples of the questions are:

Drawing a line through a group of numbers in assending order.

Drawing a cube

Name the animals drawn on the page

Repeat the last 5 words someone said.

The hilarious part is that Trump probably actually thinks that the that measures intelligence.

#42 fchowd0311, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Speaking for "libs"... isn't that exactly what I just posted:

4. fchowd0311

Also, this line just shows the low standards we have.

There are millions of 70 years olds within the range of a healthy BMI.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

You don’t have to be a doctor to see that the Liberal Trump Derangement Syndrome is real and malignant.

Roc Paint likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's called unsportsmanlike conduct after a loss. They just can't move on from the fact that they took a big L to the chin.

7. fchowd0311

Why do you guys only espouse platitudes?

It's as if you would be silent and wouldn't make fun of a liberal president who would label himself as a 'stable genius' and waves around a cognitive heath exam that 3rd graders can pass as something to be proud of while also being clinically obese and stating that he's one of the healthiest and most athletic presidents ever.

peleincubus and krnxsnoopy like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL. trump supporters whining about "unsportsmanlike conduct". Just LOL.

Crying about "fat shaming" and questions about trump's health. The very same person that called a beauty pageant contestant "Miss Piggy"? Mocked a reporter with a disability by doing this?

[​IMG]

And his supporters... who mocked Hillary's weight? Her pneumonia? Where was your outrage then?

But honestly I am more focused on more important concerns about trump, eg his ideas about race and how they effect his policies.

his idiot son has been on TV defending his dad by saying "his father only sees one color... green". What that idiot son (the blonde idiot son, not to be confused with the dark-haired idiot son) seems to be oblivious of that trump's obsession with getting richer doesn't mean he can't be and isn't a racist... and that his policies he proposes aren't racist.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Yup... I'm going to fat shame the **** out of anyone who is clincally obese and starts rambling about being the fittest and greatest athlete ever.

I'm also going to fat shame the **** out of anyone proud of their diet that lead them to be being a fat fu ck.

I will never fat shame someone who is self-aware and understands they need to change their lifestyle.

10. adoo

adoo Member

on the floor of the US Senate, uber conservative Senator Jeff Flake delivers a searing speech condemning Trump media attacks as Stalinist;
    Stalin had originated the term " enemy of the people " to attack journalists who dare to disagree w him, the supreme leader of Russia.

"When a figure in power reflexively calls any press that doesn't suit him ‘fake news,’
    it is that person who should be the figure of suspicion, not the press," Flake says

"An independent free press is a safeguard for democracy;
    it is a check on absolute power, which is the enemy of democracy"
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/jef...-condemnation-of-trumps-war-on-the-press.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I could care less about his diet and his heart. I care more that he is a racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, old FoxNews binge watching man-baby who just so happens to be running the country.

The questions the media was asking yesterday, and the responses from the doctor were embarrassing. He's obviously not as healthy as he should ideally be (you can see it with your own eyes pretty clearly), but most people aren't. His waist line is by far the least worrisome thing about this president and his horrible policies.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How many lies are too many for you? Just curious. It's not a big thing. It's not an important thing. It's certainly not something worth lying about to the general public, especially when it's so obviously untrue. I don't even see the point or releasing the numbers. But they did and they lied about it for reasons passing understanding.

This isn't about the election 14 months ago. It's about a person that is completely incapable of telling the truth for even the most insignificant things. Or, at least having people surrounding him that are so afraid of a hissy fit and yet another twit barrage that they lie about the dumbest things.

peleincubus and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I don't care if they're fat or not, but any germophobe who brags about their diet of KFC and McDonalds - because "you know what you're going to get" - and eats their steak well-done with ketchup is fully deserving of mockery. ALL the mockery.

peleincubus likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

BMI is B.S. Trump is all muscle lol

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well if the interview of trump with I believe the WSJ recently is any indication. Things are going to get REAL weird before this is all over. The guy could truly go off the rails and/or be hidden.

16. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Much of the pettiness of the liberal media is directly correlative to the person who currently holds the title of President of the United States.

All one needs to confirm that is to note a President who holds a Fake News Awards "event." It is something that I would call embarrassing if I witnessed it from an elementary school student. However petty the liberal news media is pales in comparison to President Trump.

I will post my comment from another thread in this one- these are all attempts by then-citizen and candidate Trump to discredit the unemployment numbers, yet he is using THOSE SAME NUMBERS to give credit to himself.

How can you justify this?

Sep. 7, 2012

“Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012
    "7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013
    “We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014
    “Unemployment is a totally phony number.”

June 16, 2015
    “Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015
    “Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015
    “They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015
    “I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015
    “The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015
    “They say 5.3 percent employment. The number is probably 32 percent.”

Oct. 11, 2015
    “Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016
    “Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016
    “Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016
    “The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016
    “You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016
    “The phony 5 percent numbers that we hear about with the unemployment.”

Aug. 8, 2016
    “The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics.”

Nov. 4, 2016
    “The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016
    “The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction.”

[​IMG]

#56 Bagwellian, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    mdrowe00 and adoo like this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

I agree with you concerning unemployment. The numbers are not what they seem. Trump is taking credit for the unemployment rate while ignoring the labor participation rate, just as Obama did. I am surprised I haven't seen him called out on it before. And yes it is very hypocritical for him to call out Obama on it then do the same thing.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And on golf...

And on the size of his inauguration crowd...

And on his weight...

And on...

And on...

And on...

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The US Presidency though is not setup to be a photo op type of position that something like the Queen of England is. The President is an actual job, and his signature is required to get anything done. Even spending bills.

This week with the spending bill/DACA negotiation is a pretty big indication that this guy just simply cannot be trusted in a negotiation, changes his views on nearly everything all the time, and cannot be reasoned with. He went from saying that he would take the heat, and sign anything ON LIVE TV, to (with racist veil) rejecting a truly bi-partisan agreement that was brought to his desk.

and this is DACA. This is the easy one. This is something that is polled at 84% in the US including the majority of Republicans. We are going to have a govt. shutdown tomorrow night because the president cannot be a shadow/photo op president. The job requires him to actually make things happen, and he's shown that he's incapable of executing the actual job.

I would say things are already weird. Before its over, I think we are going to see real long-lasting damage to our Democracy. Thanks Trump fans for your vote and continued living-in-denial support. I hope you are happy with the country you will be leaving your kids, and grandkids.

Deckard and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

good find,

i'd to add candidate Trump's remark, on 6 Aug 2016, on the stock market''s 227% gain, interspersed w all-time highs,
    since the financial crisis lows during the beginning of the Obama presidency

"It's all a big bubble."; and that was before the DOW hitting the 20,000 mark.​

since he has become the POTUS, Trump has been touting that the strong stock market indicates a strong economy. no mentioning of a bubble

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/09/donald-trump-on-the-stock-market-its-all-a-big-bubble.html