1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LiAngelo and LaMelo signed for some random team in Lithuania

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Great, I can't wait. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

juanm34 and J.R. like this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What a scam!

When does this league begin the season? Is there a timeline when the boys are supposed fly over there?

3. Alugeris

Alugeris Member

Season starts in October. Balls are supposed to be there by January 4th and their first game is expected to be on January 9th.

hakeem94 and A_3PO like this.
  4. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm not saying I'd celebrate seeing someone lay out Melo as soon as he steps foot onto the court.

All I'm saying is, I'd be coincidently raising a glass right after it happened.

hvic, RocketsFan0 and Jontro like this.
  6. Normalus

Normalus Member

There we go..

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

It's amazing how popular LaVar Ball is. He simply isn't funny at all.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That is insane. I'm amazed how this guy has created so much buzz and attention about himself. It's a lousy thing to learn, but using a platform to be loud and ridiculous is effective at getting attention these days (see also: Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, political talking heads, etc.)

Jontro likes this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

truly the Kim Kardashian of basketball, but also a marketing genius imo, literally made something out of nothing but talk and self hype

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree. Not his fault...it is ours, for paying attention to it. I don't like him much, but he's certainly NOT stupid.

That said, I actually liked what this said about him. Not sure if he was angry because stealing is wrong, or because of LiAngelo's attitude about it, or because of its implications to the 'brand'...but at least he was angry (as he should have been).

Hopefully, for his sake, LiAngelo learned his lesson, and doesn't still think you take stuff just because it looks good...but for him to have that attitude at all doesn't speak well for him.

Would be curious what his response might be if asked if millions of haters could punch him in the mouth because they felt like it, if that would be ok too. Or does that logic only apply to him?

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it's really nobody's fault. People have always loved cheap mindless drama, we sports fans are really no different. Those juicy stories are just too tempting not to click. Happens everywhere, look at the rise of Conor Mcgregor and the whole freak show circus with Floyd. Social media just give a new platform for manufactured hype and drama, it's only human nature to consume this.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ya, 'fault' isn't the right word. But the show would stop if the audience stopped paying attention.

The difference with Floyd and Mcgregor is they had talent and achievements...something to base the hype on. Lavar is just the hype, yet still as successful. Kardashian is a good analogy...famous for nothing.

I disagree on it being human nature, but could be wrong. I despise the manufactured hype and drama, and would rather cut to the chase. With Lavar...there isn't anything to cut to. You could sum up every meaningful thing he's ever said or done in about a 2 sentence news ticker. Maybe just one sentence.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

When is the Ball family sex tape coming out?

14. Cranberry_Juice

That is so Rudy Gay.

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

He also had a #1 pick going to the biggest media market in sports. The guy could have said literally anything stupid and made headlines. If anything, he should be a case study on why being lucky is more important than being smart.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

let's be honest, no one would have know who he was if he didn't talk this much

also why do we know who Liangelo and Lamelo is, definitely not because of their brother.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Hard to argue against that lol.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Dafaq Gordon is doing...!!!! pass the ball man wtf

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Black IQ and awareness is literally 0