1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LiAngelo and LaMelo signed for some random team in Lithuania

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

God, I hope not.

There was exactly 0% chance in my mind that he was ever going to make the NBA

Even though the father is one of the biggest fools I have ever seen, you've got to hand it to him. He knew this son wasn't going to sniff the pro leagues in America so he's at least got him making some money before the kid realises he doesn't have a career playing basketball.

Watching his 'highlight' videos was humerous, he just doesn't have what it takes no matter how much people talk him up.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Wait wasn't Lamelo a junior or something in high school? So not only is he going to Lithuania, he doesn't have a high school diploma either...

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We don't care about these people, man, enough already. NEXT?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was not against them playing in Europe .. . but that was with the assumption that they play with some legit teams
    I am not sure how legit this will be
    LeMelo still has time to come back to the U.S. and do the college then try again

LiAngelo Ball is probably going to be like the Oldest Manning Brother
    Can be successful but just not in sports

Rocket River

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You cared enough to post in this thread. Lavar is milking his 15 mins. Maybe he sees the Kardashians and wants to take his family there.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

This only can be real if he signed a contract & won't get any cash for basketball activities, in any shape or form. I believe that's how it works.

7. omgTHEpotential

Club GM told Lithuanian press that they've seen some of LaMelo's and LiAngelo's game tapes and don't expect anything from the Ball brothers in terms of basketball. This is more about publicity.

Sajan and hakeem94 like this.
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am starting to feel bad for those kids. It's borderline child abuse

Sajan likes this.
  9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Don't you think "Vytautas" mineral water trying to get into U.S. market this way? I'm kinda leaning towards this now..

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I feel like you'd get developed better playing pro-league competition at such a young age overseas. But it would also suck ass and if my dad made me do that I would be furious

11. Granville

Granville Member

The Balls will tea bag the Lithuanian league.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Lamelo is most likely going pro. Liangelo's. He is the "tall" guy in high-school who plays center at 6'4".

13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Was* most likely going pro before all of this. I’m skeptical he makes it now.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

LaMelo can play in the NBA Next Year If he decides to throw himself in the draft. I wonder if his dad has patience for him to stay there for 2 years.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I don't get how playing against professionals rather than High-Schoolers will hurt his chances of being drafted. It sucks for him, sure, but will also probably be pretty good development wise.

16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

They already said they'll barely get minutes. It's not better than UCLA development wise and he's not some can't miss prospect like Lebron or someone...not to mention on top of all of that the team who drafts him will have to sustain the media circus that is Lavar Ball and the Big Baller Brand.

17. omgTHEpotential

Contract is for the remainder of this season. With an early termination option after 1 month.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Dad of the year right here. I feel bad for his kids. I don't know how good they are, but they have an obnoxious soccer-mom type dad. They probably are hoping if they go to Lithuania, Lavar will stay home.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think moving to a foreign country in a difficult environment can be very humbling and VERY good for these two kids.

Lavar should leave them out there and let them build character and toughness playing with real Men.

I don't mind it. If Lavar Ball is abusing his children, can I switch lives with them? :D

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No he can't
    Dude is only 16 . . . you have to be 19

You must mean Liangelo

Rocket River

RasaqBoi likes this.