1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Letters from dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

I'm happy for you..very inspiring.

I was young but pretty close to my Dad when before he died in a car accident 16 years ago.
    ...to this day...foolishly I still hope he appear somehow

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good read. Happy for you and your family.

My take home is that one needs to make the most of the living moments with dad because you never know when it will end and when it does you don't want to have a bunch of regrets.

3. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Oh my God. This. THIS. X1000.

I did not have my father in my life. My circumstances were a little bit different than most father-void situations. Please. Develop a relationship with him. I feel the pain every day of not having my father here. I would do anything to have a chance to have him. It hurts man.

As a male, growing up without a father figure in the teen years is extremely detrimental to many stages toward adulthood. I know you are already grown but please find a way to have at least a minimal relationship with him. Otherwise, the potential regret is sooo ****ing hard.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

As great as you feel now, a few years from now, you'll look back at this and think how great it was you did this ... even more. This'll be that one regret, that one "what-if" that never happened. Congrats, moe.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No lie as I was putting my 6 year old son to sleep an hour ago (i'm not with his mother anymore) he asked me if my stepfather is my dad (he has a nickname that everyone uses)

So first the first ever I explained that to him. Which is we haven't had anything to do with each other since i was 4. He asked if he had seen him before, i told him not since he was a baby a few times. He made a sad face and gave me a hug, then changed the subject to pokemon.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That is truly beautiful, moes. Congratulations to you for finding your father and much respect for forgiving the trauma he caused you and wanting him in your life and in the life of your kids. What a touching story.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chamillionaire

Must've been very hard for him to have had his personal demons to fight and losing his family at the same time. He must've been so happy to hear from you Moe. I'm very happy to hear you reconnected with him.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Thanks for sharing bro, extremely emotional and touching story, I would suggest you go and visit him as soon as you can.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Awesome update, moes. Thanks for sharing.

My takeaway is not to take any moments with my boys for granted. The little things I do to make them smile and laugh sometimes seem so routine to me, but stories like this make me realize how much those seemingly routine things mean to them - and will for the rest of their lives.