1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get serious here....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, Oct 27, 2015.

?

Would you take a shot at Colin Kaepernick?

1. Yes

45.6%
  2. No

54.4%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, and that guy is no longer an NFL coach as a result of that belief.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He's no longer a NFL coach because he and the GM butted heads to often.

There really hasn't been much mention on how quicly star players from that team decided to retire once Harbaugh left.

I don't believe that was just out of coincedence.

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I agree with you to a certain degree. I think Greg Roman and Harbaugh's offense covered a lot of his flaws but don't all OCs and HCs do that for there QBs. Let's not forget a lot of talent has retired, and been traded away as well. The thing about Kap is that he needs talent around him he is not a QB that is going to put the team on his back. I think the Texans have marginal talent at best at all positions except the QB position were we are subpar. Kap would give us a QB who can throw but who can also be threat to run the ball.
    I would still draft a QB behind him or continue to develop Savage. It would also make the Texans a dangerous wildcard team in AFC south much sooner rather than later. I don't think he is the long term answer unless he shows great improvement but he would be a very good stop gap. Much better than the one we currently have.

#63 ballplayer, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it was a coincidence either, I just don't see it as a good thing. Apparently he got it in all of their heads that they needed to retire at 25 or die....that's not what you want your coach doing.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Houston can probably sign him for cheap in the offseason after the Niners cut him.

That said, as a Niner fan, I don't think Kaep is salvageable. He has been figured out, and his confidence is totally shot. He can't even complete basic 5 yard out or a bubble screen.

He has major difficulties reading defenses and can't go through his progressions.
    So when his first option is covered up he bails out of the pocket and self sacks himself.
    Or if he does try to pass, his long windup results in a batted ball or incompletion due to pressure.

It is sad that he turned out to be a such a huge bust. Supposedly, one of the biggest disagreements was Harbaugh wanted to go in another direction and York/Baalke thought Kaep could be fixed. We all see how that turned out.

I think Kaep will hang around as a backup for a few years, but his best days are way behind him.

Maybe Houston is better off taking a flyer on RGIII

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Kap needs to be an Eagle. I've never seen a more perfect fit.

With that said, I think Matthew Stafford would be perfect here. Stafford to Hopkins deep threat.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Weird how these guys are just too dumb to think for themselves.

Poor dumb Patrick Willis and co.