1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get serious here....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, Oct 27, 2015.

?

Would you take a shot at Colin Kaepernick?

1. Yes

45.6%
  2. No

54.4%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I actually addressed your last comment here:

Obviously Kaep is no Kurt Warner, but neither was Kurt Warner in NY. I feel like if we have our "Alex Smith" on deck it will be much easier to usher in our newly drafted QB of the future.

And yes, we have issues on both sides of the ball, but what team doesn't... for the most part we've been put in horrible positions to start games because our offense can't get anything going.

When your offense can't sustain drives and is constantly going 3 and out there is no way your defense is going to keep up the energy to stop the opposing offense that is actually moving the ball up and down the field.

It happened versus the Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, and now Miami.... this is nothing new to us, everything is a marriage on the football field, your offense usually effects the defense and vice versa. I feel like you understand that.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Care to guess which team ranks 32nd in points per game?........ Sure, let's go get *that* QB; that'll solve everything.....

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Funny, I'd assume it would be the Texans. But I guess garbage time points do still count for something.....

I was wrong to assume you would understand the concept of football.

Carry on.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Well, please enlighten me, Mr. Lomwalshcheckdry...

If your complaint is that the offense's stagnation is making the team as a whole worse, how does adding the QB of the lowest scoring team in the NFL solve that problem? Because the Texans are blessed with a wealth of offensive weapons that CK could only dream of having?...

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a> are benching QB Colin Kaepernick, I'm told. He has been informed. Blaine Gabbert is the starter.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/661386569409044481">November 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. conquistador#11

"whoa, there mother f'er", that gabbert? ouch.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

You could be benched for Ryan Mallett. :p

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

If the Jets are smart, they are on the phone. That contract stinks but I think he fits.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's basically a 1 year deal. You can waive him no cost after each year I believe because of how it was set up

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Benched for Gabbert? Lol...

He was playing terribly... But just funny to see Gabbert the starter. .

11. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I'd rather the Texans give a look at Hayne. Give him a few carries and see what he can do. Blue/Polk and Grimes are not the answer.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Gabbert? Lmao. 49ers going full tank mode for Goff

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's a money saving move. Gabbert gives you no better chance to win than Kaepernick.

Someone should go after him, even though I know it won't be us. They are clearly in fire sale mode after they traded Vernon to the Broncos yesterday.

Bills, Jets, and (hate to say it) Cowgirls would probably good fits for him.

14. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

i would take him. He is a capable QB where it is obvious that the coaching and management is the reason for his decline. Of course we have rick smith so **** that would be a problem with us as well.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did a good job of fooling people into thinking he was a halfway decent QB for a few years, but as soon as that defense and running game slipped a bit, his limitations as a player became obvious. I'm sure someone will give him another shot after the Niners dump him, but I wouldn't expect it to go very well.

16. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Everyone talks about Kap's contract but 12 mill a year for a QB that still has huge upside, hasn't been hurt, and has big game experience. I think you have to take shot with that. A move like that could be the equivalent of the Saints bringing in Brees. Let me be clear, i'm not saying he is on the level of Brees, just stating that the move for the organization could have a similar impact. So much so that you have to do that move if available. I would give up Cushing( a contract we got to get rid of anyway) and a 5th for him.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Philadelphia would take him.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kap is a QB that has been babied his entire career to keep his awful QB play under wraps as best as possible. This season they've asked him to pass the ball more per game than they ever have before....still about 5 fewer per game than the league average, and it's just too much for him.

He's just not a good enough QB to rely on.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harbaugh chose him over Alex Smith so someone believed in him.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

no thanks

can't pass