1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2016.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Socks are over rated.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have no real interest to post in this one... but y'all are being whiny kids, so.

“Dogs make life enjoyable,” he says, and when asked what word he would use to describe his feelings for dogs he simply states, “love.” His generosity and passion to improving the lives of animals ultimately led to his creation of the Evelyn Alexander Home for Animals Foundation, whose vision is to provide a permanent home to abandoned and abused animals.

“I created the foundation about five years ago because there are so many abandoned and abused animals,” he says. “The world needs more people to help.”

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

The BBS should know this one:

"I’m watching the games, I’m watching us lose by huge amounts and not playing hard. Then I watched the Boston game, and before the game starts, I know we’re going to lose. I knew I was going to lose to Dallas, and I thought we’d lose the game before that. Then we played Boston, and I was 100 percent sure we’d lose even when we were up, I knew we were going to lose. So, I’m watching the games, I know we’re not playing hard or good defense, not moving the ball well, it doesn’t look like a good team, we look very ragged and then when they got up on us in the fourth quarter when we were up by 15 or so -- I didn’t watch the fourth quarter. First time I never watched a quarter of my team's play, I knew we were going to lose. I don’t like to watch losing. It’s no fun losing. At that point, a decision needs to be made here."

4. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

"Nah let's just keep the same uniform design for 10 more years"

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha... Owner Leslie Alexander on Kevin McHale's extension: "I didn't want to let anybody else have a chance to get him if he was a free agent." or this instant classic less than a year later on the firing... “I’ve never seen my team play as poorly and with less effort. I’m not attributing it to the coach. I had to do something.”

Or this one.."My solution is a team has to win a certain number of games in a year in order to get in the top three picks … so you have to field a competitive team. I think it's horrible. It ticks me off that people are trying to win by losing." looking at this last one maybe he thought this was already implemented.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

^just bad enough for a first round failure, and just good enough to miss a decent draft pick... Oh well, the seasons not over, right??? Keep calm, the Rockets sure are.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'This joke of a trade does not sound good outside of my head. Hahahahehe
    well we kick the can down the road then"

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol,
    threw some shade on Rick and JVG

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/1447/a-rockets-qa-with-leslie-alexander
    ESPN: How hard was this decision?

Alexander: It was [hard]. I really like Kevin, I got a great relationship with him. The person I had a great relationship with before that was Rudy [Tomjanovich], so it was tough. And he did a great job last year in getting us to the Western Conference Finals, missing two starters; it looked like he was going to be around a long time. This was so shocking and quick.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

"We had nonbelievers all along the way, and I have one thing to say to those nonbelievers: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!" - Dr. Leslie Alexander

11. dc rock

"Being from Africa is the best thing that could have ever, ever happened to me. I cannot see it any other way. All of my fundamental principles that were instilled in me in my home, from my childhood, are still with me." - Leslie L. Alexander

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=261837

“I feel bad we haven’t gotten out of the first round in a long time, but I don’t think we need it,” Alexander said. “All the players want to come here. The fans love us. I don’t think it’s needed, but I would obviously love to have it.”

Asked who he wants to play in the playoffs, Alexander answered without hesitation; “I want to play the Knicks.”

13. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I hope you attributing this to Les is a joke.

14. Nook

Nook Member

"You fat fu$%^* sack of MIT dog s%^&! You want me to pay the luxury tax for THIS clown show? You know what? I know people, I knew Meyer Lansky! Go f%$^ your face! Get on all fours! Squeal for your job like a little piggy! I said squeal. My God.... seriously what the f%^& Daryl? Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Do you want me to die? Call in Gerson, I want to go speed bag on that face. You disgust me..... leave! I said leave!" - Alexander after the Motiejunas deal fell apart

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is.

The second one says something about coming from Africa, and we know Alexander is Jewish not African. (Olajuwon)

16. dc rock

"不入虎穴,焉得虎子 bù rù hǔxuè, yāndé hǔ zǐ" - Alexander Les