1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron to LA for 2018?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Spacemoth, Jun 8, 2017.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

He'd be scary here if we can keep Capela. But I think his best bet is Philly because they're a younger team and in the East

2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

LeBron + Philly is a 54-59 win team next year, LeBron + PG + Lakers is a 54-59 win team next year also.

Except LeBron is in Los Angeles instead of Philly.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leading a young talented team in the East with dominating Olajuwon lite makes sense.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Philly doesn't make sense to me because I can't imagine any rational human betting on Embiid to stay healthy. Unless he thinks he can come in, bring another FA with him and have Embiid traded for another one of his boys (he'd probably want to trade Fultz for a veteran too). All the veterans seem to dislike Embiid on the court, although that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't want to play with him. But again... health.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lebron sure shows a lot of love to Curry and Durant on twitter.

If anyone else did that cross over , he would be gushing over it. I don’t think Lebron cares for Harden.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

dkim1984, RasaqBoi and Deuce like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

oh?

#190 Deuce, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    BallSoHarden, Reeko and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Media conspiracy

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Seemed pretty jealous of Hardens move.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bucher: (People have brought up Philadelphia) Such a ridiculous thing. The stupidest idea ever. Everyone is looking at the model: LeBron goes to young talent, brings them along, plays for another championship, in the East, this is the best young team, I get all of that. If you get past that, this team is not built for LeBron. ... What are we talking about here? From a basketball standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense. It makes no basketball sense for LeBron to play with Joel Embiid & Ben Simmons.

What if Fultz finds his way, along with the Lakers pick? That's another couple of young pieces. They can look for shooters that fit around a LeBron. Does that sway your opinion at all?

RB: No. How many great players who have the ability to take over a game have we seen struggle with LeBron? LeBron is an interesting dynamic. He's an unselfish superstar but everything is still dictated by the whims of him. When he's going to take over, he'll take over. When he's going to delegate, he'll delegate. If you're a cornerstone, that's not good enough. I look at Embiid & the way he approaches the game & Simmons to a lesser extent, I see larger versions of Dion Waiters & Kyrie Irving. Not so much as scorers but I want to be able to dictate this. I'm not saying it couldn't work. LeBron has demonstrated & those guys are good enough, if everyone is willing to sacrifice, you can make it work. I just don't think it's ideal. For where Philly is, it's not the first place I'd go.

All of the compliments LeBron gave Ben Simmons right after they loss(I told you he's the young king!), I saw the same turn with Kobe when he went from hunter to mentor. This had the same feel. I found it odd that you just lost to this team, a match up we could see in the 1st round, you just lost to this team & you're rushing to instagram to laud how good Embiid & Simmons are. Timing seemed odd for a guy, if he's still going for a championship & unbelievably hungry, you can do that at some point. He just beat you. It felt weird to me.​

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-sign-lebron-james-plus-10-burning-questions/

Who's getting LeBron James?
    Let's ask venerable podcaster and Denver Nuggets forward Richard Jefferson (via ESPN's Dave McMenamin):

"He'll address it with his family when the season is over. I don't know, no one knows, people can guess, everyone wants to now throw these shots in the dark. 'Oh he's going to go here, he's going to do this. He played junior high hockey with this person so maybe he'll go play in Minnesota.' Shut up. No one knows. No one knows."​

Jefferson is right. If LeBron James himself doesn't know what he's going to do, then all we are doing is guessing. But guessing can be fun, and there's no way to talk about this summer without starting with James. This one question is really a bunch of more specific questions:

• Have the Cavaliers done enough to keep him? The pieces on this post-deadline team fit much better, but Cleveland is only 3-4 since the All-Star break. No longer are the Cavs considered a lock to stroll to the NBA Finals, and if they get there, they'll be underdogs against either the Warriors or the Rockets. Let's see what they look like when Kevin Love comes back, how they do in the playoffs and what happens with the Brooklyn pick in the lottery. That pick, either used on a future star or traded away for a proven star, could be the key when it comes to showing James he can win more championships in Cleveland.
    • Are the 76ers rumors real? If sentimentality doesn't play a part in this, I'm not sure how anyone could choose the Cavaliers' roster over what Philadelphia has built. The Sixers have two franchise-player talents aged 21 and 23, a few more-than-capable role players and enough cap room to sign James outright. James could stay in the East, mentor Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid and compete for championships until he retires. This is not your typical young, up-and-coming team.
    • Can the Rockets become a true superteam? Hey, remember when James told Bleacher Report's Howard Beck that he'd take a pay cut to play one or two seasons with Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade? What about if you substituted James Harden -- all but certainly this season's MVP -- for Wade? This scenario isn't as implausible as it may seem on the surface, provided that these guys are cool with sacrificing money. (Wade could even be involved, too, but I'm just assuming he's done jumping from team to team.)
    • Does LeBron want to revitalize the Lakers? They don't have a player as good as Embiid or Simmons, but in Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, they have a hell of a lot of potential. And they have Hollywood, a storied history and Magic Johnson sitting in the room for the meeting. I would not dismiss this possibility, especially if the front office can recruit someone like Paul George to join him.

What's up with Chris Paul and Clint Capela?

There hasn't really been any speculation about Paul's future because everything has gone so swimmingly in Houston. There is no reason he and Harden shouldn't have a long-term partnership. But is a five-year deal worth about $205 million really OK with the Rockets, given that Paul will turn 33 this summer?

I suspect the answer is yes, although I wonder whether or not Paul would be willing to take a discount if it helped the front office stack the team even more. That's one way for Houston to get LeBron.

Another intriguing Rockets free agent: Clint Capela. The big man is having a dream season, and he hasn't even turned 23 yet. He's not a traditional max player, but could command that kind of deal in restricted free agency. ​

Vivi likes this.
  15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

The whole Embiid buddy thing with LBJ is overlooked. I think he just respects players with elite level work ethic. Cp3 and Harden got that in spades.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Times New Roman? Solid Backgrounds? Who was paid to design this?

2/10, philly's banners were far more aesthetic.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Billboards everywhere and probably Chris already got his word lol