1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James - NBA All-Time Scoring Leader

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rokman, Sep 9, 2022.

?

Do you Like LeBron Being the Scoring Leader

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Don't Care

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

By the end of this next season LeBron James is going to take over as the NBA All-Time Scoring Leader ripping it from the clutches of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

What are y'all's thoughts on that? Are you happy for him? Do you hate him for it? Do you not care?

Do you think the fawning LA media will only use it as more fire power for self adulation considered that 3 of the top 4 scoring leaders of All-Time were either life long Lakers (Jabbar and Bryant) or retired as Lakers (LeBron)?

I for one am not really a LeBron fan. I respect his game but can't stand the non-stop attention he gets especially being in LA.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBron breaks scoring record (as the Lakers are 10 games under .500)! ;)

Yeah, I don’t really care.

PS: Still won’t be the “GOAT”.

clos4life, cmoak1982, mikol13 and 7 others like this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only thing that bugs me is the narrative of LeBron being a pass-first player. Everything else about it is fine.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I mean, I don’t care all that much because I’m not a huge LeBron fan. But all time scoring leader is a historic record, so it could be really cool depending on how it goes down. I could definitely see an over-fawning national media ruining the moment for me, though.

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Anyone who will "hate" him for this big of an accomplishment has a serious problem. The way he's kept himself in shape and still playing at a high level after all this time is very impressive. Kareem has been out of the league for how many years??? I'm very happy for Lebron. What I hate is all the hate he receives from so-called NBA fans.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

this changes things

whozee, AroundTheWorld and J.R. like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Scoring more points than anybody else in history is kind of a big deal

8. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

LeBron's going to retire as a King after they use their top pick on Bronny.

9. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Some food for thought. Just as it isn't easy, or often fair to compare players of different eras, I believe the same is somewhat true for scoring leaders too. Kareem retired in 1989 just as teams were beginning to take advantage of the 9 year old 3 point line rule change. This makes me wonder how many more seasons would LeBron need to play to overtake Kareem if all of his 3 pointers were converted to 2 pointers? And no, I am not saying that Kareem could of been a good to decent 3 point shooter if he played in the current era. The fact is, we will never know and that is why it is not easy to compare scoring leaders.

#9 Red.Glare, Sep 10, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    clos4life and Easy like this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Cumulative stats in the NBA simply don't carry the weight they do in other sports. Ever since his comrade James actions I loathe LeBron, but I'm wholly indifferent to him passing Kareem.

LeBron is one of the 5 greatest players ever, but it isn't because of this record. Guys like Melo, both Malones and Dan Issel are crazy high on the scoring list too compared to their standing in the NBA greats hierarchy.

11. Asian Sensation

Well considering there’s posters on this board that think Harden was/is better than LeBron I’m not surprised. Up to the point they admitted they would’ve kept the bearded bum over LeBron the year before he won his last Championship.

At no point was Harden better than LeBron. Ever.

At what point will Harden be better than LeBron? Never!

Considering this board is still filled with majority delusional Harden fanbois I’m not surprised. The Harden Only Fan loves to hate on guys better than him and considers anyone near his level a security threat.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/would-you-trade-harden-for-lebron.299210/

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/harden’s-been-destroying-“king-james”-for-years.307023/

Rokman and RedRedemption like this.
  12. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

The hate for lebron is so bizarre

Meanwhile there's 800 threads whining about why people unfairly hate the rockets and the astros lol

RedRedemption and wlekfjv923n like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden would be breaking LeBron's record 10 years from now if he didn't wear his fat suit. :D

Rokman likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t like Lebron. I find him annoying. Probably more so as a Laker.

He his however in the conversation for greatest of all time so being the all time scoring champion is not out of line with everything else he’s accomplished. He’s an absolutely incredible basketball player.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Star players also missed less games and played more minutes back then. One would need to factor that in as well if they want to do this era-adjustment exercise.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  16. tksense

tksense Member

Lebron's biggest advantage over Kareem is starting right after high school.

Kareem played three seasons in college, avg 27pts there. Then came into the league at 22 to instantly avg 29 & 15, 32 & 16, then 35 & 17. If not for college, he'd at least avg 25 for three more seasons in the NBA. -that's at least 6000 points.

TimDuncanDonaut and Rokman like this.
  17. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Lebron's a great player, a legitimate conversation for the greatest of all time, and a great person too. Never got in troubles, has given back to society, has represented USA basketball well, just a all around great asset to basketball. I agree the attention sometimes it a bit too much but overall a great player. NBA can only wish it gets another lebron

18. whozee

whozee Member

Kareem wasn't a life long Laker, I know it's just the Bucks but they do exist. ;)

BamBam and Rokman like this.
  19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This is a Houston sports forum. If you want a Lebron forum, maybe go there instead?

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ah, right, thanks for the note.