1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James' hand vs. CP3's hamstring

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DooghMaster9, Jun 9, 2018.

1. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

With the revelation that LeBron played with 'pretty much a broken hand' the last 3 games of the finals I am wondering why he was allowed to play. I was under the impression that team doctors have the final say when it comes to injuries. A broken hand, to me, seems on par or even more serious than a grade 1 hamstring pull. I'm not a doctor but logic tells me that no team doctor who values his/her job would OK a player playing with a broken/fractured bone, seeing as how they are supposed to be 100% objective, not regarding importance of the game.

Am I simply wrong about the injury process? If so: could CP3 have insisted on playing, at least game 7? If not: does LeBron really have that much pull that he could override a team doctor? Did the doctors just give in to LeBron? Did LeBron completely hide this injury? Or, was it really not 'pretty much broken'?

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

prolly cant make a broken hand any worse. Plus NBA needed Lebron to play. If CLE tries to play without him, the viewership drops 200 % . THey probably blackmailed him into playing. Maybe they will make it up letting him come here and not ****ing us.

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Nah it's a lame fake excuse LeBum made up to justify his 2nd half disappearing act last night. No injury report to substantiate him. Also if he did punch a whiteboard he's a bigger buffoon than I thought

Blurr#7 and Caesar like this.
  4. BigO

BigO Member

So eitherway you just hate on dude, you dont know if its true or not, and if it is he still sucks? Off to ignore r****d, had enough of you hatting on him, actually all your posts seem to be Lebron hate related, get a life lol.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cp3 played like ass in g3 with his sore achilles, even told mda if he can fix it, they'd win g5.

That's pretty much that. Cp3 would play his bad hammy like he did game 7 against SA, but 1) only at a high level and 2) with the risk he'd be out even longer the next time the team played...which happened when he sat out two games the next round against us.

6. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

It wasnt broken. It was a contusion (a bruise) - the "Pretty much a broken hand" means that he felt like it hurt as much as if it had been broken. It was a painful bruise. Nothing a doctor would keep him out of a game for.

Caesar likes this.
  7. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lol get triggered u LeBron apologist. We all know LeBron and Cavs would get whooped by James Harden and co.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

whichever doctors are involved in the concussion protocol probably have final say. for normal injuries, a doctor can't just rule a player injured and keep them out of a game if they want to play (although obviously the organization can overrule the player and listen to the doctor).

DooghMaster9 likes this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lmao you are a moron. I bet you'd line up to suck his dick if he put on a Rockets uni though.

As for the hand, it's a bone contusion not a broken hand.

We all remember how we felt when Jeremy Lin had those awful mistakes in the Portland series. I was surprised LeBron didn't strangle JR and choke the life out of his eyes on the court.

#9 RedRedemption, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018