1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. swordghost

swordghost Member

Not saying we are going to get him but denying Lebron's value to any team is unimaginable.

1. Lebron adds more to any defense or offense, plus helping old lady crossing street at the same time
    2. Lebron is the best defender you can ever have, he invented the term of "switching defense to any position", if KD can be a rebounder and shot blocker, Lebron is already a much better version.
    3. elite shooter and defender .. i don't know what Lebron is NOT elite at

Lebron at this age can still dominate the league for 5 years, look at what TD did to Spurs. You simply don't turn down Lebron because he is not a good "fit", you fit Lebron (while keep this Harden's team), not the other way around.

BigggReddd and Beardaholic13 like this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well they don’t have a draft pick the next year so they have no incentive to suck. They likely won’t attract any good free agents so cap space isn’t too important.

None the less I’m not trying to argue Ryan’s value or lack thereof value a trade but rather how acquiring lebron and keeping depth would need to be done.

If needed to be done morey can get rid of the contract

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If he is coming West (I don't think he should), then he has no better option than Houston, perhaps San Antonio just because of their culture and coach. But why leave the East to have to face GSW in the conference playoffs, when you can coast to the Eastern Finals every year, with only Boston as a threat?

I can't see him going to LA anymore. They're years away from a winning team and Lebron won't waste his final productive years trying to be a real father figure to Lonzo Ball.

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Like others have said, I have a hard time seeing LeBron leaving the Eastern conference. In the East, he is almost guaranteed a Finals appearance (although Boston sure has been looking good too)

Golden State changes everything though. I don't think LeBron cares about Finals appearances. If he is thinking about his legacy, he already has his detractors that say he has lost too many times in the Finals as it is. What does it matter to him if he gets an almost guaranteed chance in the Finals if he is just going to lose to Golden State again?

Honestly, I would rather us win a championship without him. As great as he is, I have always been annoyed by how much he is talked up all the time and by all of the bandwagon following fans he has. But cannot deny how exciting a team with him, Harden and Paul would be. That is just insane to even think about!

And it makes sense and would give him the best chance at winning more championships. The Cavs, similarly to the Clippers and Paul, are basically built around him and fall apart when he isn't in the game. That's a lot of weight for anyone to carry. And the Rockets, without LeBron, are a better team already than the Cavs with LeBron.

slothy420 and hakeemthagreat like this.
  6. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Yo, that's Mr. Tagomi, from the man at the high castle

7. theimpossibles1

I'm setting the over / under for number of LeBron threads between now and game one of next season at 236.

Takers?

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

J.R. likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

slothy420, Nook and BigMaloe like this.
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Here's my take. Cleveland loses and he's out.

LA is just not happening.. I would put that prediction in the laughable category.

The scenerio that has not changed for this to happen: Houston loses in 6 to 7 competitive games to GS; Cavs put up little resistance.. Lebron to Houston would be the favorite if you ask me.

BUT I would rather take a title squashing all Lebron hopes any day of the week.

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/exactly-houston-rockets-add-lebron-james-2018-184916896.html

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't want LeBron on the Rockets; too much like what KD did. It would mean much to win with what we have.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dis dam hype train cant stop wont stop.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The article spelled it all out. No place makes more sense than us. Does Lebron want to wear himself down carrying a team just to lose to Golden State anyway? In a way, Durant going to Golden State and breaking the league might be the thing that pushes Lebron to us. Otherwise, Cleveland could have won a championship last year and still be a legit contender today. Golden State far outclassing everyone will drive other superstars to extreme measures. I can imagine CP3 and Lebron, good friends that apparently chat everyday, talking about how they could team up and dethrone Golden State. Neither guy likes that team.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let me ask you guys. If we beat Cleveland in the Finals this year, would you want LeBron to join us?

Fullcourt likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

I hate the fact that if you do a youtube search 'Houston Rockets" for latest Rockets talk, all you'll see now is photoshopped pictures of Lebron in Rockets uni's. The winning streak, James Harden & CP3 no longer the topic ppl want to see. As soon as Lebron hints he may come here everybody wants to talk Rockets now. No thanks

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Rich Paul said LeBron doesn't care about NBA Contracts as much anymore. And I watched CP3 Chapter 3, in which Paul mocked all the fans that were saying "But muh CP3 is the head of NBPA, he wants the max and only the max" so it appears to me Paul doesn't need the max either.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

James Harden, Chris Paul, LeBron James + Mike D'Antoni! The top 3 play makers in the league plus an offensive genius coach. Two elite play makers on the court for the full 48 minutes? That's just insane!

But let's just win a championship this year first!

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yes why not lol

if we don't get him, another team will and it'll make them stronger

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

only if we win > 70 games, beat the warriors, and beat the cavs in the finals this year will it be comparable to what KD did

anything less is fair game