1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Least busy DPS in H-town?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kevC, Aug 30, 2011.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I named myself 12 years ago when I came to this country after:

[​IMG]

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Can't you just do a name change for your license online?

3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Congratulations on the citizenship! DPS lines really suck every where. You need to drive out to the boondocks like others suggested. Did you call ahead to make sure that you have all the paper work that is needed? Sucks to wait then have to go home and get more PAPER WORK! Make sure you have plenty cash some DPS won't take credit card, so carry a wad of cash with you.

#23 No Chance, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thanks! I didn't call ahead but did do the research. Just need the document for the name change given to me at the Social Security office and the new SS card.

And no, you can only do address changes online :(

5. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

The public can be quite rude as well. If you have the time, going to an office like Baytown, or Liberty could be what you need. The busiest days of the week are Mondays and Fridays. I would not advise trying to get that done during lunch time. Get there about seven a.m. , six a.m. on a Friday . That's about all I can say about this. I work at DPS.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

can't you do this type of thing online nowadays?

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people always recommend this but there are still times when you have to go there in person.

8. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

A name change cannot be done online. .

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

May I ask which one you work at? Can I get a special Clutchfans treatment ;)?

10. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

Oh yeah... We can treat you real good.

11. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I knew you were going to ask that. No, I am at home on sick leave. I am waiting for the Dr. to release me to go back to work. I don't want to say anymore about this.

12. ILoveTheRockets

I dunno which ones are lease busy. But I can tell you one that IS!

Do not go to the DPS off of Will Clayton Parkway in Humble. Most horrible wait ever. Literally the line was all the way to Will Clayton. pretty pathetic way to run a department of motor vehicle.

13. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

If you can finish your business at any DPS in under an hour, consider it a feat worthy of the "Maury Povich Show Not the Father-Dance"

14. ILoveTheRockets

Plus they just passed laws to make it even harder to get/change any thing on your licenses. But the lady above that works at DPS frankly won't tell you this. Like it's some huge secret they don't want out.

15. Relentless

Relentless Member

When I had to renew my license in June I showed up 2 hours before they open and by the time the door opened there were 200 people outside. I was fourth in line and SW out in 20 minutes.

I went to the Gessner office.

Yes it's in the hood, but b**** I AM HOOD.

16. ILoveTheRockets

It's amazing how Texas probably has the crappiest DPS system out of every state in the nation.

You things need to be changed in Texas when Louisiana's DMV is 100 million x better than this piece of crap system.

17. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I'm a guy. I was reluctant to say anything, but I did anyway to help, if I could.

18. ILoveTheRockets

I been trying to get my licenses here for the past 4 weeks(my louisiana licenses expired :-(.. ) and haven't been able to take the driving test 1 freaking time. I passed the written part and been trying to get in ever since.

I literally have showed up to a DPS location at 4am to wait in line. Then I didn't even get to take the test because the class was full after 7 people. Complete joke of a system.

19. ILoveTheRockets

Well, I apologize for the assumption.

20. AustinBriggs

AustinBriggs Member

I usually go over to Pasadena to the one on Winkler. Not bad... definitely don't go at the beginning or end of month or beginning or end of week. Perhaps Sept 14, 2011 is the best day for you to go... just a guess.