1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawrence Odonnell: Source says Russians co-signed loans for Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Aug 27, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Lawrence O'Donnell is now backing away from this story. From The Hill:

MSNBC's O'Donnell backs away from Trump-Russia report

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell on Wednesday backed away from his previous night's reporting on alleged financial ties between President Trump and Russian oligarchs, saying he had made "an error in judgment" and that he had been wrong to report the story.

"Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process," O'Donnell tweeted. "I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight."

His statement comes after an attorney for Trump demanded MSNBC retract the report, which alleged that the president had taken out loans from Deutsche Bank with Russian oligarchs as co-signers.​

Told you.

These people are completely untrustworthy. They prove it afresh on literally a daily basis.

cml750 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is why i stopped watching MSNBC. Sad they were credible before Trump derangement

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They are aggressive, unconscionable, pathological liars. As we see demonstrated here by Lawrence O'Donnell and MSNBC, yet again.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@LibertyBlitz

5. TheresTheDagger

No sh*t. My initial post was comparing a Fox News stalwart.. (Hannity) to Odonnell making THAT EXACT POINT. What next? Are you gonna claim water is wet and the sun rises in the east?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised someone as obtuse as you can't recognize the irony of O'donnell calling out Fox News (or anyone for that matter) with Avenatti sitting in front of him. o_O

Meanwhile:

All credit to you though CometsLose. You never get tired of being wrong.

cml750 likes this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

There I fixed it for you

7. TheresTheDagger

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

O'Donnell self-corrected after a DAY. Something Fox News propagandists are incapable of doing.

Maybe you should re-read that epic thread of yours, captain dopey conspiracy, then you can acknowledge its stupidity.

FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

Yeah, self corrected after being threatened with a lawsuit. You don't think his own network MADE him do that? You really are that dumb to keep defending this guy. But you be you.....

10. adoo

adoo Member

actually, that's why i watch MSNBC. they own up to their mistakes swiftly.

on the other end of the spectrum, we're still waiting for Hannity to acknowledge his lies on
    • obama's citizenship,
    • seth rich's murder,
    • Bundy's grazing on Federal owned land,
    • Parkland school shooting survivors were paid actors, etc.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. TheresTheDagger

Even the booking producer at Morning Joe says this "bombshell" can't be sourced.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You called it. This guy deserves the credibility of Hannity. That was totally irresponsible "reporting," but I would just say, unlike Hannity, this guy is retracting it. Damage done.

Off topic, I didn't agree with people piling on you in the thread. Nor do I think this media idiot making a mistake should be a great chance to take shots at other posters. Just my 2 cents. Nobody was claiming this guy was necessarily right. Just that if true, it sure wouldn't be that surprising.

Back on topic, while maybe it should go in a more worthy thread: I still think the open questions are worth exploring. Truth will eventually out, even 20 years from now.

In the Deutsche Bank and money laundering investigation ongoing, the bank just confirmed they have some of the POTUS's tax returns.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...-some-trump-related-tax-returns/#4fdcd224372e

Coinciding with the inauguration, Deutsche Bank agreed to pay about $600M total in fines combined to the US ($425M) and the UK as they sat accused of laundering $10B of dirty Russian money.

As of 45's election, he apparently had over $360M in outstanding debt with the bank.

Not only has the bank been fined (2015) for doing business with countries under US sanctions (including Iran), but they were loaning money to Epstein well into this year. There is just kind of a consistent, unscrupulous stench about them in the last 10-15 years, including billions of dollars of fines for the Libor scandal and their role in the financial collapse.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is just hedging, not saying it was wrong, that he is saying currently it is one source.

DD

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump banks at a big ass German bank that has problems with the feds over Russian money laundering

He must be guilty of collision

Thats what you wrote

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

How many so-called "Bombshells" have these people supposedly dropped on Trump since he came down the elevator over four years ago?

Answer: Too many to easily count.

And the have ALL been duds (Flat out agenda-driven smears and lies). All of them. 100%

cml750 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

When has trump ever apologized for his blatant lies he spews?. Heck he even makes fun of his own supports and doesn’t apologize. I find it funny you are so quick to jump on the media for mistakes when you have your leader intentionally lie and misled his sorry base

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Whataboutism much?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We don't know if it's colluding but we do know these things.

1. Donald Trump has a bad history of defaulting on large investment loans to the point where only Deutsche Bank was willing to loan to him.

2. Donald Trump's first loan with Deutsche Bank was $200 million dollars. He defaulted on that loan. For some reason Deutsche Bank approved of another $200 million dollar loan even after he defaulted which makes no rational sense.

3. Deutsche Bank previously has been fined for 20 billion dollars for being caught red-handed laundering money for Russian oligarchs.

4. An employee who oversee Donald's account flagged his account for signs of potential money laundering. The executives of the bank brushed it under the rug.

Now anyone here including you, @MojoMan , @dachuda86 , @mick fry ,@Commodore etc would be screaming for a bloody investigation if these exact same incidents occured bit with Obama or Hillary instead of Trump and everyone knows this.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... emptythreat-in-chief...

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Many of us always assumed this. Who one else would have lent this habitual bankrupt money?