1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LAST GAME OF SEASON: IF we had a chance to help Utah into the Playoffs, but knock Lakers out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 10, 2013.

?

Would you rather?

1. Help Utah into Playoffs by beating LA

308 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. Help Lakers into Playoffs by losing to LA

59 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not voting, bad choices.

Regardless, I would want the Rockets to kick Lakers' asses. If that means Utah is out, then that's their problem.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's not the same Jazz team I used to hate.....

So I'd love to see the Lakers "dream team" miss the playoffs....

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would want us to play full strength regardless. IMO, the days to rest Harden, Parsons, Asik, and anyone else comes in the next 3 games. But I want the Rockets to play full speed in their last game as to not get sluggish in playoff game 1.

That said, every starter still gets a minute cap though. i.e. Harden gets a long begin-of-4th rest even if the game may get out of hand during that time.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I had shingles back in January....apparently stress can bring it on....that **** sucks.

But...I'd love to see the Jazz get in and the Fakers miss out.

5. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

LAKER will have no chance to win a title, Forget about Nash getting a ring, we want to make sure D12 knows he will not stick to a loser team that can not make the playoff. Go Rox!

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

cannot decide ..... brain....shutting down

7. Jedster

Jedster Member

Definitely knock out the Lakers.
    First of all, you don't throw games.
    Second, anytime you get to knock a team out that tried to buy their way to a title through signing superstars, you do it!!!

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I just want to win the last game. End the season on a good note.

9. AFS

AFS Member

Though the chances of Dwight leaving are ridiculously small, I feel like they increase ever so slightly if the Lakers don't make the playoffs.

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Knock out the Lakers by all means, then we can rub it in to Utah fans that we helped them.

Win win

11. FacePalmMaster

Yea I don't get the whole losing games on purpose deal. .

12. torocan

torocan Member

You try to win the Lakers game.

1. You don't try to lose games.
    2. If you knock out the Lakers, the chances of Dwight leaving LA goes up.
    3. It's an opportunity to test some line ups.

Now, that doesn't mean that you don't rest a player or two or reduce their minutes, just make sure you beat the Lakers on the way.

13. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Hope the Lakers make it through cause it will be a more fun matchup to watch. My admiration for Nash outweighs my disdain for Howard. Never would wants us to lose a game on purpose though.

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You play to win every game, period. It don't matter who gets in there. Don't care.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Gotta help the Jazz out. The Lakers are a dying older team and the Jazz could be up and coming with just one more piece. I don't want them having a chance to get their piece so I'll go with helping the Jazz.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I would rather knock off the Lakers from the Playoffs...bc in the playoffs everyone starts 0-0 and the Lakers dont need new life...

Also...the Lakers dont really have any value on their draft picks bc most of them are going to the Suns...might as well see them crash and burn...since Kobe's God like statement of stating that he will make the playoffs...I would rather crush ego...and the Lakers are team full of ego...

Besides it would only fuel the speculation that Howard leaves after this offseason to the team that kept him out of the playoffs(unlikely, but you know it would happen)...

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

As a GM, I am thinking in the off-chance I have to face one of these teams somewhere else in the playoffs, you knock out the Lakers >> who are the more dangerous team to face in the playoffs.

As a Rockets fan, I want to knock out the Lakers. Normally it would be the Jazz, but their roster and staff has been cleansed of the filth that brought me to hate them so much. On the other hand, I really hate that Nash and Howard joined the Lakers, and Pau Gasol is a whiny b***h who has essentially threatened teams from trading for him. Plus, knocking the Lakers out makes it more likely that Dwight will consider other offers, and I would like to snatch that guy off their team.

As an NBA fan, I say knock the Jazz out. Would love to see OKC or SAS sweating a first round matchup against the Lakers. The drama of MWP returning early, Lakers coming together late-season, and Steve Nash playing his heart out for a ring... is quite entertaining.

But I'm not a GM. I'm not an NBA fan before a Rockets fan. So let's try to bounce the Lakers out of the playoffs. I don't think we should risk Harden for more than 20-30 minutes if we are not worried about our playoff position anymore. Otherwise let the team go full blast.

Important to note that McHale probably hates the Lakers too, which is an added bonus.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

one last point...The Lakers are in financial cap hell...would see them hang themselves with their own noose...While Kobe has had a remarkable season and amazing career...For a team that was expected to contend for a title..and one that couldnt make the playoffs would be an embrassment to the Lakers, its brand and franchise...and the Rockets could be that one thorn that does just that...While i hate the Utah fans, Sloan, Malone, Stockton, D Williams, Boozer, Hornacek, Ostertag, Harpring, AK47, and Korver...Seeing a League dominating franchise like the Lakers not getting in...frankly is much more rewarding...

PS...Lakers dont get a draft pick
    and the Utah Jzz get a lower number draft pick...its all about the future, and the Jazz are gonna be trashy next year..might as well make sure they cant stockpile high lottery or draft picks..

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is like picking Ahmadinejad, or Kim Jun Un. I have to say Fakers fans are more obnoxious, so I give a millimeter edge to the j*zz. I really don't care about them, the more I think about this this, the more my migraine I have.

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I don't hate Utah as much as I used to. Since Sloan left, all his shenanigans left with him.

They are a young team as well, i'd rather help them get in than the freakin' Lakers and Kobe who just stole some spots to Harden in that NBARank.
    Plus, how amazing would it be if that superstar lineup goes fishing?

AND it gives us a bigger chance to sign Dwight.

[​IMG]

Plus, we don't throw out games, lets get into the playoffs with a momentum!