1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers trade Radmanovic for Morrison and Brown

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroMechPLZ, Feb 7, 2009.

1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—The Charlotte Bobcats sent struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday for forward Vladimir Radmanovic.

The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under first-year coach Larry Brown.

Morrison was the third overall pick of the 2006 draft and managing partner Michael Jordan’s first major move since buying into the Bobcats. But Morrison had failed to crack the starting lineup and his minutes had declined under Brown.

Morrison will give the Lakers an outside shooting threat, while the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic gives the Bobcats more depth up front.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...slug=ap-lakers-bobcatstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Morrison gives the Lakers an outside threat? That's what Vlad was.. I assume this was a salary-cutting move for the Lakers (though I haven't looked into it). Otherwise I don't get it

3. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

??? Bobcats got manhandled in this trade. Radmanovic was useless to the Lakers.

4. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

so bird jr bailed on the celtics for the lakers....those draft comparisons of morrison to bird made me laugh hard then now they make me cry laughing

5. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Salary dump.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

don't the Lakers always win in a trade these days?

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Kind of a steal, If you think Brown and Morrison have a lot of potential.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Umm All players involved have been useless to their teams.

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

radmanovic is the best player out of them all

10. Giant9erRocket

Morrison has great potential, he was just drafted in '06. Adam has been injured his whole career, plus he had Gerald Wallace in front of him. Hopefully he gets some playing time at the SF spot for the Lakers.

11. worzel gummidge

I think Larry Brown likes 4's that can hit the three. Other than that I can't see why the Bobcats want Radmanovic.

It does look like a salary management move by the Lakers.

Though they do get 1.5 seasons to have a look at a former 3rd? pick who could suddenly get it. At the same time they get rid of a player who stops the motion in Jackson's offense by jacking the ball up everytime he gets it in his hands.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good move for the Lakers. Radman is overpaid and truly one of the worst defenders in the NBA.

13. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

LMAO! VladRad is a top 5 shooter in the league! He was a freaking starter on a Lakers team that reached the finals!

What the hell have Morrison and Brown done in their careers that led you to believe the lakers got the better end of this deal?

I really hope you were kidding about the lakers always winning in trades.. did you forget about the Shaq trade? or how about the Caron Butler trade? Lakers have had their fair share of bad trades believe it or not.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How is that a steal?

Morrison shoots worse than Rafer, can't rebound, is a huge liability on defense, and doesn't belong in the NBA. Brown is a PG who averages more turnovers than assists. The only benefit the Lakers got is saving a few million and the extra year Radmanovic had on his deal that Morrison doesn't have.

Radmanovic is the best player in this deal by a long shot.

15. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Anyways good move by Mitch! :D

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't think Morrison potential is that great. He is what he is at this point.

17. Giant9erRocket

Which is? He's only played in 122 games over 2 1/2 seasons while only receiving very limited playing time. He was the third overall pick, and one of the best shooters coming out of college ball, so yes he still has a lot of potential and could fit in nicely for the Lakers.

18. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

jeez that's gotta be exciting for morrison, he just got traded to arguably the best team in the league :eek:

19. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

team option next year, if he sucks, lakers will dump him mercilessly

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

yet you say it was a good move by Mitch...
    and nothing led me to believe it was the Lakers winning the trade. I was replying to someone else who was led to believe that.

what about the Shaq trade? they still have Odom and look where the chips have landed since then...

Shaq led to Caron Butler, Caron Butler led to Kwame Brown, Kwame Brown led to Pau Gasol...