1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers or Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cOoL_hEaT, May 1, 2002.

1. cOoL_hEaT

cOoL_hEaT New Member

In a heated passion to prove my friend wrong about anything, I gave him 4 - 1 odds that the LA Lakers will not win the Championship.

Of course being a Lakers fan, he took the bet.

Now with finding out the Lakers sweeping the Blazers, I find the task at hand more difficult.
    But still, its not like the Lakers still have an easy trip to the end.

Lakers most likely to play

- San Antonio next round
    There is Duncan playing very well this year averging
    26.7ppg, 11.7rpg, 6.3apg, 5.3bpg.

With players like David Robinson, Tony Parker and Steve Smith all needing to step up as needed.

then going on to face Dallas as soon as Dallas KILL Sacramento

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Dallas Playoff Stats

Dirk Nowitzki - 33.3ppg, 15.7bds, 7.0apg, 3.0spg.
    Michael Finley - 24.7ppg, 6.7bds, 2.3apg, 2.0spg.
    Steve Nash - 21.0ppg, 4.3bds, 9.0apg.

Then with Nick Van Exel, and Raef LaFrentz on the backup.

With the whole team averaging 112.7ppg, 19.0apg, 7.0spg
    and shooting FG .461, 3P .449, FT .877

Compared to the Lakers Stats

Shaq - 25.7ppg, 11.3bds, 4.0apg.
    Kobe Bryant - 26.0ppg, 5.7bds, 5.0apg, 2.0spg

With Derick Fisher and Rick Fox backing them up.

Whole team averaging 96.7ppg, 42.0bds, 20.0apg, 9.3spg
    and shooting FG .439 3P .356 FT .737

Not to mention that nelly loves the hack-a-shaq strategy and will most likely use it with numerous big men available.
    Also if Nowitzki and LaFrentz start hitting outside shots, that would force Shaq to come out to defend leaving a huge hole in the middle, which would allow Finley to cut through for easier shots. Samaki Walker and/or Rick Fox would NOT fill that hole. Of course this all depends on the Mavs shooting in the series. They have been hot so far, and if they maintain it they are definitely a scary team for Lakers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, at this point I have two options:

1) Continue to stick with the Lakers and endure their winning streak that 'may' happen, or

2) Pay him a pull out fee of 50%

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

pull out fee buddy. i think that the Lakers got a BIG BIG break after the situations that happened in SA. this way, whomever they face (seattle or SA), they'll beat them soundly.

whereas mavs vs kings, i HOPE TO GOD this will be one heck of a series..one that will have the mavs prevail in 7 games.

when all is said and done, lakers in 6 over the mavs. this new format will allow the lakers some rest but not a lot after they beat (seattle/SA).

i would just pay the fee. but then again, what kinda betting man would do that? :D