1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers can't beat anybody

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Bookit, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Bookit

Bookit Member

This is getting funny. I woke up this morning to see the Hawks beat the Lakers. Now they are 2-6! The Lakers have beaten the Clippers and squeaked by Portland at home. That's it. Everyone else has beaten including mostly Eastern teams.

I believe they are worse now than they were last year when Shaq wasn't on the floor. There is definelty hope for a new champ this year. They are horrible.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

:rolleyes:

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Bookit's right. The Lakers are sucking. I'm hoping Shaq is still out when the Rockets play them. With every Laker loss, I break into giggles.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The Lakers sucked last year when Shaq sat out. I dont know why we are even having this discussion. For one, when Shaq gets back, they will be dominant. Second, I doubt the Lakers even care about the Regular season. They do their damage in the Playoffs.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Espn showed Shaq in practice this morning...he has gotten so fat that the rest of the team jogs around him for exercise :eek: ....seriously though dude has been taking advantage of that Burger King deal.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The funny thing is some people think Bryant is better than Duncan. Duncan won 58 games and a division with comparable talent to what Bryant has now. Bryant is 2-6, and that's not against tough teams either. Oh well, at least he looks, walks, and talks like Mike.

7. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Amen. I thought they would atleast be able to beat Atlanta, even without Shaq. But then Kobe has to go out and prove me wrong...

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It beats me to see people with this Kobe love fest. With every game, he's proving he is not even half the player most of us imagend....and further proof a solid center is a key to victory.

9. verse

verse Contributing Member

further proof that kobe is nowhere near the class of mcgrady.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You can probably get 4 of us out of this thread, pair him with McGrady, and we'd win at least 43 games. Same with Shaq. Meanwhile Kobe is leading the Lakers down the toilet. But hey, at least he has all of those endorsement deals and gunned up 47 shots in a game!

11. buffalospeedway

okay, even though everyone probably already knows this, i just want to see it in print:

the lakers are tied for LAST PLACE in the pacific, and the only team with a worse record in the west is memphis!!

:eek:

hey, we have to enjoy it while it lasts... :)

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Golden State is at least AS GOOD as the Lakers.

:D :D :D

13. Bookit

Bookit Member

I would like to see a Lakers-Memphis game. I bet it would be close and Memphis might actuall win.

14. bryant8

bryant8 Member

You guys satisfied oh kobe has proved to you nothing.You all thought he was overrated before the season started from the sounds of your posts anyway.

FYI it doesnt matter if kobe scored 50 points a game.1 on 5 doesnt win you ball games.His role players are shooting like 20 percent.Do you really expect the lakers to win games when they shoot like that.

This record is not kobes fault.Any smart person would see this.They would be 6-2 if the lakers made the shots when kobe passes!

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Bookit your right Memphis without a win would give everything they have to win that game.

Maybe Shaq will be out for a while and they will fall pretty far behind and will get maybe a 6 or 7 seed and then would even have to face a good team in the 1st round.

I think this is the year that the lakers fall... BUT dont count them out in the next couple years. Losing will make them hungry again.