1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

labor day weekend plans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket Fan, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Well I just got called at 815am on a Saturday morning (not the time most college kids get up) waking me up to know if I wanted to donate to police in Tennessee.. so now that I'm up I'm curious as to what people are doing for labor day weekend?

I have class Mondays so I'll be taking a quiz to celebrate... but I can live vicariously through your fun!

2. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Right now it's 9:30 am on Saturday...

Saturday
    10:00 am - Cardio at the gym
    11:00 am - Shower
    12:00 pm - Arrive at sports bar with 50 cent pints to watch Ohio State game
    3:30 pm - Leave sports bar to go to kegger
    4:30 pm - Leave kegger to walk through campus and see the Gators arrive
    5:20 pm - Enter Ben Hill Griffin Stadium aka The Swamp
    6:00 pm - Kickoff
    9:30 pm - Final Score: Florida Gators 55, Wyoming 17
    10:00 pm - 12:00 am - Free Beer at local bar "The Grog House"

Sunday/Monday will consist of catching up on homework. I'm going to tivo the Georgia/Boise St. game to watch tomorrow and I'll also be watching the Miami/Fsu game on Monday night. That's about it...

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

today i'm hanging out with my family. no big plans today. going to a high school football game tonight.

tomorrow i'll head to church..we're hosting a lunch for katrina victims at noon (and a dinner every thursday here on out for about 4 months).

monday i'm going to the woodlands with my wife...hanging out during the day..going to see Dave Matthews Band that night. woo hooo!!!! :)

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Today, just gonna hang out with my daughter for a while.....maybe go swimming.

Tonight is the DMB concert at 7. 8 dollar beers, woo hoo!!!

Tomorrow is church, and we are having a clothing, food and donation drive for Katrina victims. Tomorrow night is Discovery Class (kind of a Bible study type of thing...small group).

Monday is rest and perhaps a cookout.

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Yeah, I'll probably end up spending way too much of this weekend catching up on studying.. since I do have class and quiz on Monday.. wish we had labor day off, but oh well

6. Isabel

Isabel Member

Labor Day weekend... yeah, going to be a really interesting one. Things are already pretty weird. Well, I'll see.

I'm going down to Houston... I need to get out of the house, and it's a long weekend so I may as well go somewhere other than my hometown... anyway, things are kind of crazy so wish me luck and enjoy your Labor Day...

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Today- watching FOOTBALL, finally some games that count!
    Tonight- gig

Sunday- yardwork and Astros
    Sunday night- gig

Monday- sister rented a beach house in Galveston. They will have been there since Friday but I can only be there on Monday. Still, should be fun.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

saturday (today): i dunno
    sunday: karaoke at jr's with some friends
    monday: busstop stalker basketball prac at uh.

9. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I'm getting my new couches and new bedframe delivered today, and the rest of the weekend is going to be spent unpacking all my crap and hanging with DT. It's pretty much how I've been living my life for the past couple weeks.

10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Today is about watching college football (primarily the UTEP-NMSUx game tonight), tomorrow and Monday is about working... :(

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Bar-B-Q at my bro's house to watch the Mexico vs. EE.UU. game tonight.
    Sunday, playing soccer... maybe?

Jeff, to what bars were you guys going to go?

Does anybody know what's going on this weekend in Houston??? Maybe zoo because we're zoo members, but I think I will take the girls to the Planetarium, iMax, or just the museum instead.

12. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I don't even care about college football this weekend...

the fact that Vandy managed to win their opener vs wake forest on Thursday is all I need!

13. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Me, my dad and stepmom are headed down to the George R. Brown to help volunteer.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Doing nothing but watching movies with my new sub quaking the house, goofing off, and going to bbq's on Sunday and Monday.