1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry's Return....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Kevin McHale needs to either start him or sit him for the rest of the season...I strongly believe that Kyle's mind-set is struggling since Goran's much better play. What do you do with a struggling player start him and give him confidence he plays better with the starters, while Goran just plays with whoever is on the court. Still give Goran the majority of minutes, but just start Lowry....because what is going on since Kyle's return obviously isnt working.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You think Boykins is a better option than Lowry?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Lowry missed a month with a serious infection, so of course he'll be a little rusty. He needs to work his self back into shape for a potential playoff run.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Wow. Stupid idea. Who is backup point then? It's his THIRD game back.

5. AB423

AB423 Member

Hmm... you do have a point. Maybe Boykins would've exploded tonight since it's his old team

6. RedNation

Key word...

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If Lowry wasn't playing today, we'd still lose today's game.

8. bcast89

bcast89 Member

THIS and

9. bcast89

bcast89 Member

10. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

keep the same rotation as before give Earl a couple of mins of playing time and then get Goran back out there. I'm not saying Earl is better than Lowry but Kyle came back at a key part of the season. We cant give a guy valuable minutes to help him get back into shape, not right now. If you start Lowry Goran wouldnt care if he still gets most of the minutes.

11. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Great time to try to work yourself into "shape" he is not a bad player i love kyle but this isnt the right time to have someone out there playing vaulable mins when he isnt ready physically or mentaliy

12. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I'm ok with playing Earl but you want them to not play their best player any minutes, the one who is a key reason why we are where we are? We HAVE to play him if we want any chance at making the playoffs and Goran can't keep playing 40 minutes a game. It's clearly taken a toll on him. And it doesn't matter who starts. That's irrelevant.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

You can't get "Ready for the game" unless you play the game. Running on a treadmill is different from the speed of the game. Put him in the game 20 mins a game and work his minutes up.

14. RedNation

Here's an idea. Start a public poll with these choices:
    Start him for the rest of the season
    Sit him for the rest of the season (boykins backup)
    Let lowry come off the bench.
    See which one wins.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lowry is not even 50% back. Meanwhile, other players have regressed BIG-TIME.

Everyone, except Camby. Team has nothing more left in the tank. We were so close.

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I think it is more of a chemistry thing. You can't beat chemistry. Before lowry got back everyone was getting use to there roles.

Look at Rose and the Bulls. Rose is the MVP and one of the top 5 players in the league, but the team struggled when he came back. If a player of his caliber can hurt team chemistry, so can Lowry.

I was hoping this would not happen. I really thought that he should get worked back in slowly. I must say that I did not watch the game tonight, so I don't know if Lowry situation was even a problem this game, but I noticed it in the last few games (even the ones we won).

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lowry is fine, he is not the problem especially tonight, CLee playing on one leg is a big issue, and McHale not playing a center much is not helping either.

Let Lowry get completely healthy, he has always been a streaky player anyway.

DD

18. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

lowry is a cancer

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what an insightful.... post...
    He is not even 100 percent.... :rolleyes:

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.