1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis available

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 20, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As he should.

No way the Suns deal Booker, let alone Booker and the #4.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. mathor

mathor Member

FIRST POST!
    I think celtics should try to grab him...
    another option could be to try a three team trade with Nola to take A Davis to Boston...

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, since they are doing the asking. , but is he laughing at them for an asking price too low or too high. Clearly, that's too low for Porzingis, but I can't tell if he means Porzingis is "good but not that good" or Booker.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Looks like Gambadoro sees Booker as a top 5 player in the league since he scored 70 points in one game lol

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He means that he wouldn't deal Booker straight up for Kristaps, and adding the 4th pick on top of that is just crazy.

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I would do it if I could convince the knicks to throw in a lottery protected pick in the next five years.

but if they don't then I would still consider it for a couple of second rounders.

the bucks should trade for him. imagine a core of giannis, kristaps and maker

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

70 points at 20 years old is nothing to sneer at.

I love Kristaps, but I would keep Booker over him too.

19 years old averaged 14 points a game.
    20 years old averaged 22 points a game.

Gets to the line, shoots the three and plays defense.

NO WAY you trade that guy.

Rox11 likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Porzingis has much more value than Booker.

mathor likes this.
  10. DMO (DJ remix)

If anyone out there thinks Booker is anywhere near talent level wise as Zingis, they need to shut the trap.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I strongly disagree.

red5rocket likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clearly he thinks that's too high. And yes, Porzingis ("good but not that good").

Phoenix radio man. A bit homerish? Probably.

Vivi likes this.
  13. DMO (DJ remix)

Who are you talking about? Booker is terrible defensively, Porzingis have been playing with 2 black holes in Melo and D.Rose, his coach cant even coach freely without PJ interfering and telling him what's what. Booker is great shooter, Porzingis is generational talent, Jesus, some people with their number crunching.

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i agree
    Booker is a one dimensional player. He has the potential to be a decent scorer, right now he is just a poor man's Klay Thompson. the regular Klay Thompson is nothing special. give him the ball and he really can't do much. he is amazing at playing off ball, but most teams are not the Warriors and can afford that luxury of having their star player be that kind of player.

kristaps can create baskets, space the floor as a big man, and provide rim protection amongst other things.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  15. DMO (DJ remix)

Even if Booker could defend decently, which he can't, Porzingis would still be more valuable, he can create mismatches all over the place, his handles for such a tall guy are also great and so is his passing.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I respect your view but i think it's debatable, personally i'd take Porzingis over Booker and i'm not that impressed by that 70 points game since it was forced a lot, i like Booker, but that game overhyped him a lot imo. His defense needs work too btw.

17. mathor

mathor Member

KP has clearly more value... don't think "much" more... certainly less than a 4th pick

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

When Booker is averaging 27-28 a game next year as a 21 year old, and Kristaps is still struggling to get to the free throw line more than once a game, or barely grabbing more boards than Ryan Anderson again, we will see who is talking.

Kristaps doesn't rebound, nor does he get to the free throw line. Two HUGE aspects of his game that could keep him from becoming an all-star, let alone a superstar. Again, big fan, but Devin Booker is just as special.

red5rocket likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Capela + 2 1sts + EGo + Moochie Norris celebriduck gitrdun murry.

20. DMO (DJ remix)

I see you missed the defense part, Porzingis can defend post, he can switch on the perimeter as well, you do know he hasint been developed well in that shitshow in NY and still doing just fine, if he had great situation like Boston, you would see what his made of.

mathor likes this.