1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj: (Nothing on Carmelo)

Is this based on the Jimmy Kimmel interview?

I am told no, it's not what their charges are based on. Whether they have something else or not, we'll find out. They did not file tampering charges based on that TV interview. They feel there was significantly more that went on. ... The Pacers filed a grievance against the Lakers. Magic is the target. That's what the league will investigate. They have the ability to go through cell phone & email records but it's still very difficult to prove.

Invasion of privacy? Did Draymond tamper with OKC/Durant?

Rules are different for players. The league has decided they won't legislate player to player communication. Players can recruit. James Harden was able to talk to Chris Paul before July 1 legally.

The frustration from the Pacers & other small markets is Paul George had 2 years left on his contract(1 full year). They feel they're being targeted from bigger market teams when players have multiple years left on their deals.

Blake Griffin said he doesn't see LeBron in Los Angeles but in New York.

If he leaves, I don't know that New York is necessarily on his list or ever has been. Salary cap wise, they have work to do. It's not been discussed that New York is a focus for him. If he does leave, the Lakers remain significant...they're in all-out LeBron mode. If he entertains leaving, they'll be a part of the conversation.

What does Los Angeles have that he'll be attracted to besides the big market? Is there enough pieces there?

I don't think there are & I don't know if there are anywhere. Because of Golden State,...any team LeBron goes to is an instant contender but are they good enough to beat Golden State? I don't know if that team exists. Maybe San Antonio or a place where he took less money but I don't know if that's realistic. LA, the play there is his entertainment company, his business interests beyond basketball, ...he's had success out there business wise. Only he knows how much all that weighs into it. Winning is very important to him but I don't know where the team is & I'm not sure he & his group knows where the team that is ready made for me to walk into. If it's Paul George & LeBron to LA, I still don't think it's good enough with what they have. They still have to get that Luol Deng contract off which will cost them a lot. I don't know that there's a team where he walks into & they're good enough to beat the Warriors. The Warriors have created something that I don't know if...Chris Paul going to Houston, that team is better. Are they good enough to beat the Warriors? I don't know that any of us think that.

Can Kyrie & LeBron co-exist one more year & then go their separate ways?

It's possible. Cavs would like a deal before the season but don't have great offers right now. They have offers they know they can do at any point so why do it now? Date they're looking at is December 15th, when this past summer free agents can be traded. Right now, they're not getting the offers they want for him. They may wait but it could create a circus-like training camp.

#6922 J.R., Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    DonKnock, Vivi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

whats this 5:45 stuff? was there another insider update lol

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daddy Long Legs and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

wow can't believe this tweet is month old already. time flies

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I've gained 15 pounds of pure muscle in that span of time

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This thread was the last thing I looked at before bed... had a dream Melo was traded.. woke up and now I'm upset, not only because he hasn't been traded yet, but because this is now affecting my dreams..

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Time seems to drag but it has actually moved along.

Players are all paid out differently according to their contract. Maybe this whole holdup is contingent on a player getting a big wad of his money from his current team so that the next team isn't on the hook for, say, all of Anderson's $18,000,000 (not that I know when the players each get their installment; some get paid game-to-game, some get paid before the season, whatever).

Then again, it's all speculation, so...... (shrug)

#6928 ROXTXIA, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Pics?

11. Daddy Long Legs

12. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

yes pics or it didn't happen..lol

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

It's all in your F5 finger. Look like Popeye finger.

[​IMG]

14. Daddy Long Legs

[​IMG]

Im the fat one

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'll get my cousin to snap a pic

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

[​IMG]

I'm like a swole curry

@DrexlerFan look how woke my chest is

17. Daddy Long Legs

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

wait we're still on this? I thought it was something new lmao

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

all this Lebron to LA stuff reminds me of the KD to LA talk...there's just too much work that has to be done there for a superstar to go there if their priority is chasing rings

the Rockets are the 2nd best team in the NBA and have 1 of Lebron's best friends on the squad but Woj still brings up the Spurs before mentioning Houston...

20. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

maybe he is forced to talk spurs..he might be getting paid that way..maybe under the table..:rolleyes: