1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings rock!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pasox2, May 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope they keep it up! Bibby is killing!

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Ugh Steve Javie just reminded me why I think he is the biggest waste of material in the world.

As Bill Walton put it so eloqantly

"THAT, gets you a techincal foul???"

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I am so happy this is happening! The Lakers talked all kind of garbage to the Kings, laughed about winning in their building, completely disregarded them and mocked them and it blew up in their face. They gave them a beating they will NEVER forget! All the arrogant, cocky, egomania coming out of LA? GONE! I am so pleased. Lets see you whine your way out of this LA!

4. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

this game is incredible
    christie's all team defense everywhere and all over kobe
    bibby and hedo (finally he starts hitting something) are lighting it up all over.
    and vlade is pretty much dominating shaq more than any center has since olajuwon.

only horry is playing like this game matters still (the heart of a rocket :))

and what was with kobe stating he ate a cheeseburger from mcdonald's that gave him food poisoning (doesn't he endorse mcdonalds?)

5. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

You're not alone RocksMillenium. I'm enjoying this blowout as much as you are. I was most impressed by the Kings ability to withstand the small Laker runs, and not break down.

6. Dreamshake

That quite possibly was the worst 20 seconds of basketball Ive seen a team put together in ..... um forever.

YUCK

7. Dreamshake

UNBELIEVABLE...another turnover and another 3 pointer!!! OH my GOD!

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Wow! 14 points in 52 seconds. That has to be a record.

Thankfully, the Kings have scored four in a row to go back up by 16.

Even if the Kings do win, however, the Lakers have probably psyched them out. What a piss-off.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That was one of the scariest fourth quarters I've ever seen. I guess the Lakers were due considering how poorly they shot in the first three quarters, but when annual playoff choker Lindsey Hunter starts raining in threes, it's a scary sight.

Regardless, the Kings got the win, and have homecourt back. Game 4 is a must for LA, the type they haven't seen in a long while.

10. RocksMillenium

What's even more impressive was how they withstood that last, huge, run by the Lakers on the road, that was impressive!

11. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

SO that's who it was who was reining threes.

Lol

I didnt have my glasses on and I was 5-10 feet from my tv watching it. I was assuming it was Still Lindesy hunter who was in fire.

But then Kobe got into the action and I was totally confused.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Psyched them out? I think that's the difference in this year's Kings team. They're mentally tough. It would've been easy to fold when the Lakers went on a 14-0 run, but the Kings found a way to respond. The Jazz, Mavs, and Lakers have all won one of the first two at Arco. The Kings are now 5-0 on the road in this season's playoffs. They've faced adversity, and every time they've gone on the road and ripped the opposition's heart out. If they were the type to be "psyched out" and mentally beaten, they would've done so already.

If anyone's in danger of being "psyched out", it's the Lakers. Do you know how many times in the last three seasons that they've trailed 2-1 in a best of seven? None. This is new territory for them. This is the first time that the pressure is really on them, and they're the ones in a must win game. It will be interesting to see their response.

One thing we do know is the Kings aren't content with splits on the road. They've been up 2-1 in every series so far, with Game 4's on the road, and in every series prior they've won game 4. They have the killer instinct.

#12 The Cat, May 24, 2002
    Last edited: May 24, 2002
  13. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I agree with The Cat. The Lakers are now the ones down. They were dominated completely most of the game. They were beat by a still pretty good margin on the road. The pressure is on the Lakers, not the Kings.

14. RocksMillenium

I think the Lakers have awaken a sleeping giant, that Lakers run at the end I think will work in reverse. I don't think it messed with the Kings or psyched them out, I think it pumped them up. Now they know they can take the Lakers best shot and give it right back to them. The pressure is on the Lakers, they have to win at home Sunday to avoid falling down 3-1, THEN they have to go to the Kings building and beat them, THEN they have to close them out at home, or possibly have to win a Game 7 on the Kings building, that's some serious stuff!

15. Timing

Timing Member

I really felt the Kings could beat the Lakers in this series but not without Peja. It's been beautiful to watch the Kings be able to get scoring from so many different players on the floor. The Lakers can't really focus on containing any one guy like they could with the Spurs. If Peja wasn't injured I think they'd seriously be up 3-0 right now.

16. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

How many years in the league, and all of the sudden Shaq is forced to be a finesse player?

This be rigged. Hope LA can overcome it.

17. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Timing,
    I am so glad the Kings are up 2-1. Anything to shut Phil Jackson up.

18. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I'm on your side Cat. I sure hope you're right.

19. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

:rolleyes:
    Yeah it sucks when guys are made to play by the same rules as everyone else, huh?

Oh well, let the excuses flow.

20. Asian Sensation

Imagine if the Kings can actually knock the Lakers out. This would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It will show Phil Jackson and the supposed "dynasty" aren't immortal afterwards. It just seems as though its been so long since Phil Jackson has failed. I would love to see what kind of reaction he has.