1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings eyeing Otto Porter Jr

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2018.

1. KingsFanSince85

While I'm certainly not privy to their plans, word around Sac is that they are really only interested in a deal that doesn't involve moving any of their core players. Since they have such a nice salary cap situation, the rumor is that they're really interested in the Porter deal because Washington is in cap hell and the KINGS are among the few teams that can really help them get under the tax threshold. So if Washington continues to underachieve, they may move Porter for salary cap relief and, like you said, perhaps players such as Labissiere and Frank Mason.

Before the season started, I think the KINGS may have strongly considered moving Willie Cauley-Stein to facilitate a deal like this. They may still be convinced to include him since they may not want to pay $$ he thinks he's worth at the end of the year. But given how well he has played and fit in with their new style, I think it's less likely now.

Their biggest need by far is a capable wing. A SF. Iman Shumpert has played well for them as a swing, but they need a legit guy that can defend the LeBron's and KD's of the world as well as add more spacing offensively. Justin Jackson hasn't been able to provide any type of consistency in that regard during his short career thus far.

I think they are mostly ok at guard. Fox, Bogie and Buddy, with Yogi and Shump filling in the gaps.

pippendagimp and Mathloom like this.