1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KFC - Fried Chicken instead of bread for sandwich

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Aug 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's not bad at all. It's great, if you are on that Atkins diet, or trying to put on mass without eating too much carbs.

2. engr chris

engr chris Member

I hope to order it with double cheese!

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Fat America wins again.....

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

I think I blocked an artery just looking at that thing. Reminds me of some of the "Atkins" items from the late 90's. I wonder how accurate these calorie counts are... I can't see that, with its crispy fried everything and cheese filling, having only 590 calories. Maybe it's really tiny and they're showing us a blown up pic. :D And the Chipotle, I'm sure the amount of calories can't be that low because it's so darn big, but how on earth does it have more fat than a double chickenburger... I get my Chipotle burritos without sour cream, so I will go wipe all that out of my mind and hope that makes all the difference. Again, wonder where the #'s even come from.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Nearly half of those calories are straight from fat, 10g being saturated. Really it's only made up of chicken, bacon, cheese, and some sauce, so the calories sounds about right to me. I doubt it's even that filling. I'll probably try one if I see it though.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

This would be phenomenal with Chik Fil A. As it is, I bet it sucks. Seems like fried chicken patties are way too dry.

7. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I've never eaten at KFC before - but if they have that thing with grilled chicken instead of fried chicken as the "buns" - I'll definitely try it.

As others have stated already - they could market this to the low-carb crowd (of which I am a member) and clean house. But it doesn't seem that is happening yet.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That is what I was thinking or if it was done with Zaxby's.

I'm not surprised on the calories but then again, I have eaten the Hardee's Monster ThickBurger several times and have lived to tell about it (over 1,200 calories :eek: :eek: :( ).

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I was sure that had to be a hoax. The picture alone made me a little ill. Why couldn't they just make a bacon-cordon bleu?

"Butter up that bacon!"
    "But dad....my heart hurts...."
    "Bacon up that sausage!"

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

590 calories does seem really low. I remember looking up that BBQ Chicken Strip sandwich from Whataburger and it had over 1000 calories...it was my favorite sandwich before I saw that. :(

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious to see how big one of those are as the calorie count does seem pretty low. Even if that count is right I still wouldn't recommend eating a lot of them.

12. Fatty FatBastard

I know this will sound crazy coming from me, but I don't want it.

First, I don't like fried chicken with cheese. It just doesn't seem right.

Second, all it looks like to me is two chicken patties with some cheese and bacon. Now, if they threw a burger patty in there, I'd probably have to try it.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The thing has got to be pretty small when you take into consideration the nutritional facts on 1 piece of fried chicken from KFC alone.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's been a long time since I've had KFC, but I remember all their chicken being really small. (Popeye's too.) I always think to myself that they must get the cheaper chickens that died prematurely.

Anyways, isn't the appeal of their chicken the spices? Seems like the bacon and cheese would overpower it.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Considering the thing has zero transfat the general breakdown isn't terrible but the cheese and bacon just don't sounds like they'd go with fried chicken. Then again I'm hardly a fried chicken fan.

16. astros148

astros148 Member

so when is it coming out lol

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Probably a few hours after you eat it...

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's what she said. :D

For a minute there I thought ima_drummerDosMil had stolen my thunder. :eek:

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think mine was just a little more fresh...

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That my friend, is precisely what SHE was saying!