1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenyon Martin's cheap shot on Karl Malone

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Drewdog, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That was just beautiful to watch!

3. PeteChilcuttFan

I haven't seen the replay. Was it intentional, or was he going for the monster block and happened to foul him hard ?

4. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

How sweet it is!!! :D

5. wallrus34

wallrus34 Member

[​IMG]

Does this make anyone else wanna puke?

The nerve of this ass, when the hell will he retire and leave in peace..

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

K. Mart is on my fantasy team. Do you think he will get suspended, and if so, for how long?

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. mduke

mduke Member

that was the best thing I've seen this year! Finally, someone gave Karla a taste of his own medicine.

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Suspension indefinite.... Probably about 2 to 3 games.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

My friend thinks it is retaliation from the Malone - Scott incident that happened.

11. Hydra

Hydra Member

Doesn't Malone make plays like this every few games? :confused:

12. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

look i dont care how cheap malone has been in the past... commending a player for cheap shotting another is downright low and pathetic. i cant stand malone either.. but applauding martin is a joke. wishing injury or harm is also a joke. grow up.

13. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

whatever Salsa.... anytime anyone can punk Karla Malone, then that person SHOULD be commended. Karl Malone is a big 'ol bee-yatch!!

as a matter of fact....

Wellllll...
    Karl Malone is a b****
    He's a big fat b****
    He's the biggest b**** in the whole wide world
    He's a stupid b**** if there ever was a b****
    He's a b**** to all the boys and girls
    On Monday He's a b****
    On Tuesday He's a b****
    On Wednesday through Saturday He's a b****
    Then on Sunday, just to be different, He's a super king kamaya maya beeatch
    Have you ever met Karl Malone?
    He's a mean 'ol b**** and he has no hair
    He's a big big big big big big b****
    Big big big big big big big b****, He's a stupid b****
    Karl Malone's a b**** and He's just a dirty b****
    Have you ever met Karl Malone?
    He's a mean 'ol b**** and he has no hair
    He's a big big big big big big b****
    Big big big big big big big b****, He's a stupid b****
    Karl Malone's a b**** and He's just a dirty b****
    I really mean it
    Karl Malone, He's a big fat f**king biiiiiitch
    Big old f**king b**** ass moooom
    Yeah
    Chaaaaa
    --thanks to South Park

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Wishing harm on another person is wrong. Since Karl Malone isn't a person, I don't see a problem.

15. Lil Pun

Martin got suspended and fined $7500. I believe the suspension is only one game but here's the link so check it out to make sure. Kenyon Martin's Susension

16. Lil Pun

By the way, anybody got a video feed we can see this at?

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

GO KENYON!!!

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Hmm... it's incomprehensible for fans to throw bottles on the field at officials who blow games, but it's commendable to deliberately take out opposing players? :confused: Isn't there a greater chance of severe injury throwing someone down on a hardwood floor than throwing some bottles on a field?

(Note: I am not supporting throwing bottles on the field, however, as I said in my Hangout thread, I am not blaming them either. Nevertheless, some of those in this thread who supported Martin's actions were vehemently opposed to the bottle throwing incidents, and that to me makes little sense.)

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I could probably post this in several threads, but I'm going to go ahead and use this one.

Reaction by the Nets on Kenyon's suspension:

Thorn says Martin suspension is undeserved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Nets general manager Rod Thorn says the suspension of second-year forward Kenyon Martin for a flagrant foul on Karl Malone is unjustified.

Thorn, former executive of the National Basketball Association, said the decision to fine and suspend Martin was made because the league didn't want it to appear that the Nets or Thorn were receiving preferential treatment.

Stu Jackson, who succeeded Thorn as the NBA's vice president for basketball operations, announced Monday that Martin would be suspended for one game and fined $7,500 for a foul he delivered to Malone in Utah's 104-90 win on Sunday. Martin was ejected from the game after officials called a "flagrant two" foul.

Thorn said similar infractions earlier in the season have not been treated as harshly.

"To my knowledge, there's been at least four flagrant two fouls this season. There have been no fines, much less suspensions," Thorn said. "It's frustrating to me because I don't think we were treated fair in this particular case."

Martin is the second-leading scorer on the Nets' balanced offense. He leads the team in blocked shots and is second in minutes played per game.

Thorn suggested Malone was overplaying his injury in the Sunday game, saying the Utah player "obviously wasn't hurt" in the moments after the hit.

"Karl is a great player. He's been a great player for many years. But he also is one of our better actors, :D which he has been for many years."

For the record, I agree with Mr. Thorn on this. It's ridiculous for a guy to get suspended for one game for a flagrant foul. Juwan Howard never got suspended for his flagrant foul on Derek Anderson, and all he did was knock him out of the playoffs. Meanwhile, Karla flops and whines about his & instant "justice" is done for him. Jerk....I'll be so glad when his stupid ole ass retires without a ring.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Juwan Howard never got suspended for his flagrant foul on Derek Anderson, and all he did was knock him out of the playoffs.

All Howard did was try and block a Derek Anderson dunk. He wasn't trying to slam him to the floor, and he wasn't trying to knock him out. The officials, as usual, overreacted when an NBA player hit the floor hard. Howard should never have been ejected, much less suspended.

I can't say that I didn't laugh for quite a while when Kenyon took out Malone. However, that did look pretty deliberate. It's really not comparable to the Juwan Howard incident, and by prior precedent I think it did warrant a suspension. Of course, Karla should've been suspended several times by now, so I see your side as well.