1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith is picking Washington to come out of the East. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JBIIRockets, Feb 8, 2002.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

The Jet said this on Inside the NBA, of course.

And you know what, I agree with him. No team in the East has shown a complete unstoppable dominance. the Nets are the best right now, but they can be beaten, and the Wizards have beaten the Nets already this year. The Sixers won't go far without the home court.

Jordan is still the best. He has turned the Wizards completely around, and I think their momentum and wins will only increase.

I think the Bucks would give the Wizards the most trouble.

But I just can't doubt Jordan.

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

The Wizards are one injury or west coast trip away from falling back once again. Hamilton is the key to that team, however.

The Bucks and the Nets are still better teams than the Wizards, and the Wiz still haven't distinguished themselves from the jumbled pack in the middle of the East. Way too early to be declaring them to be coming out of the East, not with some of the teams in the mix.

3. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

The Wiz will take the East... I live in D.C. and am by no means a Wizards fan but this team will win the weak Eastern Conference..they are this good, and JOrdan and the rookies (brown, haywood, and Thomas) have not fully come around...But then again, the Nets ARE pretty tough

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I still have to say the Bucks. They, as a team, are more tested in playoff action.

However, Jersey, Wash., and Philly all still have a shot.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think they won't make it out of the first round. For the most part, they don't have any playoff experience and not a lot of veteran savvy. They've got Jordan, Whitney, Popeye Jones, Hubert Davis, and then everyone else has played 4 seasons or less. They'llo get their fet wet this year; that's about it. Right now, they're up against Toronto who has some good veterans and a couple of years in the playoffs.

6. outlaw

outlaw Member

Imagine if the Wizards had drafted Gasol, Eddie or Battier instead of Kwame Brown.

I'm rooting for the Bucks (for Sammy) even though I can't stand George Karl.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the Wiz come out of the East, that would make an incredible story. They've been on a tear since Hamilton returned.

A healthy Wizards team could shock other teams in the playoffs. The refs love His Airness, he'll raise his play to another level and the team with him. Who knows? I'd like to see it happen. Can't help myself. (As long as such a miracle wouldn't entice Stevie to leave for that team.)

8. PhiSlammaJamma

bucks.

On a side note, Barkely's coment about how Dan Issel would be rolling around in his grave at the sight of the low scores was hilarious.

Dan Issel isn't dead.

9. BTM

BTM Member

LMAO

Of course Kenny would pick them. All the networks are dickriding Jordan nowadays.

Washington will be a first round notch on Milwaukee's belt by the end of the year. Book it. They also have a VERY hard schedule the rest of the way and will probably be around .500 by the end.

I think Toronto or Milwaukee come out of the west. I hope Toronto beats Washington because then Dream would finally get his matchup w/ Jordan.

10. JAG

JAG Member

yes, but only on their next road trip...

Seriously, the only way the Wiz come out of the East, (or West, as some would have it) is if the refs rise to unprecedented heights of blatant favoritism...oh, wait...right, that Michael Jordan.....Ok, I guess it's possible...

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Kenny Smith and his NC bias is laughable.

12. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Or better yet, imagine if the Wizards had topped the Clippers' offer and traded their #1 pick for Elton Brand! :eek: That team would own the East.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

:eek:
    Dickriding, as you call it, might be a little off. I think its more like acknowleging the greatest player of all time coming back at the age of 38 and completely turning a down-in-the-dirt franchise around and making them into a playoff team in only a half season's time. Anyone who says there's a better story in the NBA this season is obviously anti-Jordan.

You say tha like Milwaukee's some postseason powerhouse or something. :rolleyes:

Are you the same guy at the beginning of the season who said the Wizards will still suck? When will people learn? Don't bet against Jordan.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jordan is still a great player who has really put the Wizards in the playoff hunt,but the Bucks,Nets,Raptors and the Pacers have superior all round strength as compared to the Wizards.

15. outlaw

outlaw Member

Yeah but if they can keep the games close the Wizards will have the refs on their side.

16. BTM

BTM Member

Milwaukee is a post season powerhouse isn't a post season powerhouse but they match up great with Washington.

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

Brand, Jordan, Hamilton, Whitney, Davis, Laettner would definitely come out of the east.