1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kenneth Faried Prepared to Move on from Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox11, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kenneth-faried-prepared-move-denver/#AM8J1KSISy6LOAu0.97

Video inside of article

“I’ll just put it out there for everybody. I’m not a bench player. I’ve been saying that for the longest. I’m a starter,” Faried said Monday, when I asked him about his status with the Nuggets. “I love to hear the crowd (when introduced as), ‘Starting at power forward, No. 35, Kenneth Faried.’ Yes, that’s me. One hundred percent, that’s been my whole life. And I’m going to fight for a starting position. I’m just not going to lay down and let somebody take it. ”

Everyone in town, including Nuggets coach Michael Malone, anticipates Millsap, named to the All-Star Game in four consecutive seasons in Atlanta before signing a three-year, $90 million deal with Denver, will become the alpha dog on a team seeking its first playoff berth since 2013.

There are 29 other teams,” said Faried, whose contract with the Nuggets runs through 2019. “If this team doesn’t want, or respect me enough, to play me the minutes that I think I deserve to play, then I understand that. Hey, there’s 29 others. Maybe I’ll go somewhere else and do what I need to do there. But at the same token, I’m here in Denver, and I want to play Manimal basketball, no matter what, every time I step on that court.”

Where should he go? Wish we can fit him here but we need shooting

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

watch presti trade a package centered around fatty felton for him

3. BackdoorHarden

WOW. Faried to OKC. Confirmed

RocketsTerps, Cash Cam, Sajan and 3 others like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They're both the same size

pippendagimp likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Faried seems to be really high about himself, i still remember the rumors talking about a player in Denver's lockeroom acting like he was a star making the enviroment a bit rotten, i guess it was him after he played with team USA...not sure who would play him as a starter today though, i don't really see him a starting caliber player, he's a super energy guy, good rebounder but that's it, bad defender, zero offensive game...he's basically a 6'8 DeAndre Jordan who can't play the 5 so yeah, i'd play him off the bench, but as a starter no thanks.

In fact, it's like he's on the trade block from at least two years but he's still in Denver, seems like nobody really wants him as a starter unless the Nuggets are asking for 1st rounders etc which just doesn't seem credible at this point.

roslolian likes this.
  6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He wants to start, how does he get that in okc?

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

roberson and carl herrera's favorite player in the world to zee bench

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was Nurkic, not wanting to be Jokic's backup. That's why they traded him.

seeingredtx likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

No no, the Nurkic thing is about last season, but i'm talking about two (or maybe three, i don't remember exactly now) years ago, i think it was after he got paid for playing well with team USA.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I mean, there was Ty Lawson before Nurkic, which is why they drafted Mudiay. Lawson was a huge distraction in the lockerrom.

I'm not much of a Faried fan, and agree with your scouting description. I'm just saying Nurkic, and before him, Lawson, and even Andre Miller were the lockerrom distractions.

I live in Denver area. Faired was always a big fan favorite, and the countless trade rumors were more about cashing in on the only thing of value they had. Fans argued over it, but it wasn't from him being disgruntled like this new situation. this would all be recent to Milsap being picked up, combined with Faried being the centerpiece of trade talk for years. I mean, Faried was always handed the starting role, and got paid, and never really whined like a Dwight asking for Post touches and an expanded role. At worse, he wanted Denver to run more like they did under Karl, and like the probably will again this year.

Also he's probably a little miffed that he signed his contract at age 25, the year before the cap explosion.

11. rockets13champs

He’d be a bench player in Houston too... #JustSaying

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Faried had a nice start to his career and it seems to have inflated his ego a bit.

Jontro likes this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He had a nice start and then the NBA changed to make guys like him less relevant.

Jontro, roslolian and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

It was definitely Lawson then, i thought about Faried cause at the time he got paid, played well with team USA etc, meanwhile Nurkic was just drafted etc but yeah, Lawson it is, not sure how i forgot about him :confused:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

True, but at the same time he's never added anything to his game either.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Give me Smoove over this guy.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Faried is just not very good...

Which is why he is a bench player for team like Denver

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I remember Cyber saying Rockets wanted Faried years ago.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He has no postgame. Doesnt have a jumpshot. Umm Milsap has both.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

What does Faried even do anyway? He has a nice nickname in the Manimal but apart from dunking and looking buff I dont think he has no other skill.

Sajan likes this.