1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I said that I basically have issues with the guys divine right of kings politics and think its a shame that we need rape allegations before people get interested and watching those allegations on TV won't do anything for me, so you you say you hope someone accuses me of rape?

I hope someone comes forward and supplies you with an unexpected scholarship to a class on reading comprehension. Call it poetic justice for your inability to comprehend words and form coherent logical positions.

Pro tip: If you are going to get mad and loose your temper, it helps if you get mad at something that makes sense.

FranchiseBlade, B-Bob and Chilly_Pete like this.
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    This is disgusting behavior from the liberals, who are playing an absurd charade of seeking "justice" for a horse faced woman who was not even assaulted, when they know good and well it's just a partisan attempt to derail Kavanaugh's confirmation. They will stoop to any depth necessary and lie their faces off in order to achieve their immoral objectives. Because almost all of them have no religious beliefs, they have no moral core. As a result, they are more than happy to lie and feel no shame in doing so... which makes it all the more hypocritical for them to oppose Kavanaugh on moral grounds. Look at some of their recent Presidential nominees -- H Clinton, B Obama, A Gore, B Clinton -- all incredibly dishonest people, and 3 of which are sexual deviants. The other hasn't had sexual intercourse in 30 years. John Forbes Kerry gets a pass for sexual deviancy, but obviously lied to get out of Vietnam early.

Poetic justice for the liberals would be that the Republicans pick up 3-4 seats in the Senate during the midterms and then we get the most ultra-conservative judge possible, Amy Coney Barrett. Shortly thereafter, RBG goes to be with her Lord and savior Jesus Christ in Heaven (assuming she's a believer upon death, which is highly in doubt). Upon her successor's confirmation, it's now 6-3 conservatives and the SCOTUS is hard right for the rest of our lives.

GOOD DAY

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. jcf

jcf Member

At this point to some degree, we all seem to be saying same thing. I know you support tthe senators finding out a much as possible, but you also recognize it likely doesn't matter, hence your last paragraph.

Ottomaton and I appear to agree that the testimony wouldn't amount to anything.

You are right that the Senate appears to have abdicated it's role in the important checks and balances and seems wiling to be simply a partisan tool of whichever side is in power.

Shameful all around.

Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

We can debate in a different thread whether a tax cut is really a gift to the wealthy or the return of some of the money that the government is taking away from them at a pretty high rate.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I haven't researched enough of Kavanaugh to know if I like him or not as a pick. That said, the precedent we are setting right now is extremely dangerous. This isn't about Kavanaugh. This is about how an individual can make a baseless claim and bully their influence into something otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to. Its baseless because the only details we have is 1) there was an alleged sexual assault and 2) the name of 2 or 4 people who may have been perpetrators or they could have been witnesses. That is ALL we have. The bar is set SO low that almost anything from this point out can be used to disrupt the flow of government. And yes, the Republicans WILL use this tactic in the future and refer back to this incident if the Democrats win out.

The more the drama continues to unfold, the more im starting to believe this is becoming borderline political fraud. Why would this woman in 'confidence' spill her experience to a politician, stating she would rather not expose her identity but yet still take a polygraph from an unknown former FBI agent.
    Now that Ford's drama is about to be set aside, she comes forth and threatens to leave the country if he's nominated? Like many of the Libtards threatened with Trump but never did? And as the same as the idiotic rightwingers did with Obama? Anyone who threatens to leave the country because they didnt get their way should be forced to leave. I have no respect for these individuals.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If the Republicans use this tactic the media will just ignore it. Just ask Keith Ellison's accuser.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You don't want to set a precedent that all it takes to kill a nominee is a baseless allegation from decades ago. If you do, then we'll find those kinds of things popping up with every single nominee from here on out no matter what their politics.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Do you not understand that this hit job can be implemented on anyone? All this took was one wacko lady and nothing else. You can find people willing to make claims about anyone.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Staff contacted Mark Judge and obtained a statement under penalty of felony. Staff contacted third person allegedly at party described by Dr. Ford and obtained a statement under penalty of felony. Staff contacted fourth person allegedly at party.

— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) September 20, 2018

The only person who has refused to testify under penalty of perjury at this point is the accuser, Christine Ford.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is just more chicanery by the Democrats. They will continue with this dishonestly manipulative behavior for as long as Chairman Grassley and the Republicans continue to indulge it. The only way out of this loop is to vote.

She will not testify, regardless of what her lawyer is currently saying. Mark it down. These people are unconscionable, relentless liars and are not trustworthy in any way. They have negotiated in bad faith on this from the start and are continuing to do so to this very moment, and they will not stop doing it until Kavanaugh is confirmed by the whole Senate.

And both Grassley and the Republicans know it.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We couldn't debate that, there's not a single point to be debated - it's not 1994.

frankly even if we could debate that the fact that you have at least one obvious lie in the scant few words you have above renders such a debate about as attractive a proposition as letting Brett Kavanaugh date your teenage daughter.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The last poll I saw had a majority of Americans not supporting MK being confirmed. Unless a lot has changed in 36 hours, you very well could be wrong.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I hope a woman in your life that you love is raped or assaulted and no one believes her and it ruins your life. Call it poetic justice for being a depraved *******.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dramatic Sam Fisher is dramatic.

Much outrage.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between supporting his confirmation and finding Ford's claims to be credible. Also, that poll didn't find a "majority", it was that there was more against than for if I remember correctly. Something like 36% against and 32% for.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How on earth do you know her mental state?

And while I see your point, I really and truly disagree that all judge candidates and all of us guys everywhere each have a woman somewhere, wacky or not, who has already told her therapist that we sexually assaulted her.

17. foh

foh Member

How many people president nominated so far? How many were accused of rape? Gorsuch is such a weasel to get away from the hit job on him. Damn that guy!

18. jcf

jcf Member

I have zero idea what you are saying I lied about. If I'm wrong about something, fine, let me know I made a mistake. I don't want to start an argument with you. But pls don't jump to the conclusion that I am purposefully lying about anything.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

But but, this nominee was so perfect... willing to overturn precedence, so Roe is gone. Already shown no willingness to overturn health care coverage, so ACA is gone. And... best of all, will protect trump from any possible charges. Add in his lies and allegedly sexually assaulted girls... many, it was like he was made for trump.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know B-Bob. I bet women are now lining up with their therapists and planting sexual assault claims against all potential future candidates of any powerful position.

But not to worry too much. If this actually becomes a real problem, I'm sure Congress can be creative in solving the issue. Maybe first something straight forward as a simple law against hit job. And if that doesn't do it. Maybe even a law against sexual assault accusation against people in powerful position, since it’s likely they won’t have the resources and connection to fight back accusations.