1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep schools closed until a Vaccine is ready!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Jul 13, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ate those rules based on Covd? Whatever happens obviously we're operating in a different world so you can stop with I don't what USED TO happen

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yeah it's only 100 degree outside right, no biggy

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Those are the rules periode, do you not know what needs to happen for rules to change?

These are the rules that we currently have its not about what used to happen and you just ignored what happens to the kids that get kicked out.

Do you think they no longer get an education?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Those rules aren't based on infectious diseases. Kids have to have certain vaccinations before they can walk in school so yes we already have rules preventing kids from learning based on health

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Are German class rooms bigger in square footage. I can almost guarantee US campuses are bigger just based on total space per person in Europe vs America

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think you gotta be a little more optimistic. Especially as a teacher. We gotta expect the kids to be more compliant with the new Rona expectations. Masks that are meant to protect you and your loved ones from catching a potentially deadly disease are different than badges.

If the kids aren't compliant, then they have to receive consequences. Short suspensions seem fair due to the seriousness of the Rona. If they come back and respect the new rules, they stay, if not they'll have to learn from home.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF?

You are just babbling now.

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Proof?

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I
    Show me they aren't

TIA
    At least my statement is based in something. You're just being an argumentative prick as usual

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So kids don't have to vaccinations before beginning school?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am very optimistic but I am also realistic, I see kids arguing about wearing badges at least twice a day and some kids at least 3 times a week with the same teacher.

Yes if kids are not compliant there are consequences but how do you enact those consequences?

You can't just kick kids out of school or the classroom and if you do where do they go?

What happens when the parents fight kids getting suspended for not wearing mask, wiche we know will happen?

If it was so simple people would not be congregating in restaurants and bars without masks.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does that have to do with anything?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You said how can they stop kids from learning right ?

We already have precedents of rules based on health that can stop a kid from learning

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never said that and no we do not have rules that can stop kids from learning for health you have to create accommodations for them to receive an education.

I'm done, as usual you don't have a clue and just want attention.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'll ask again. Do kids not have to have certain vaccinations before beginning school?

On wanting attention I answer you respectfully. Wouldn't want your rude ass teaching my kid

17. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I agree with suspending school - at least until we have something to mitigate it.
    We have to figure out some sort of curriculum and a way to teach it on the net. Otherwise we could be stuck in this loop for years as there's always a chance this thing mutates again and we could be right back to square one.
    It could be really tricky distinguishing between each strain and by then it could be too late.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Get the kids to skool

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

CDC guidance includes step to reduce risk and increase safety. If school can’t do those, do open anyway - pence.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Who knows if there will be a vaccine. The flu vaccine is only like 50% effective.

At some point you probably just have to let nature take it's course, but wearing mask should really help cut down transmission.