1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Katy High School Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DCkid, Dec 8, 2002.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Katy shouldn't have been treated differently, but it's just a shame a little more common sense couldn't have been used. Punish the high school in some other way. That kid playing had absolutely nothing to do with the success of the football team.

By the way, you're quite an ******* if you believe all those high school kids deserved what they got. Are you just upset because your high school sucks?
    -------------------------------------------------

So you want to send the message to kids that if your a scrub than you can get away with this stuff but if your the QB you gotta do everything right??? :rolleyes: No, you gotta treat everybody the same
    Ok since I have a differnt opinion that you, thats makes me a *******??? :rolleyes: That just makes you look stupid if everyone on the BBS insulted one another when they disagreed than they would be alot of fighting and alot of people banned. I'm not going to instult you back, b/c thats just stupid to fight with people on the internet. I respect your opinion so why can't you respect mine? And no my high school dosen't suck to answer that question.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I said <b>if</b> you believe all of those high school kids deserved to miss a chance at playing for the state finals, <b>then</b> you are an *******, which is a very valid statement. The fact is, that team did not deserve what they got - no team does. Maybe the coaches, administration, or the kid who did it deserved to be penalized - not the whole team. The infraction didn't even compare to the penalty, and I think the rules have already been ammended.

The thing is, you seem to take joy in the fact that these high school kids, who did nothing wrong, got severely penalized. That's pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourself. You even wished it on them again, right here:

So yes, you are an *******, and the fact that you have a differing opinion or disagree with me on the ruling has nothing to do with it.

#22 DCkid, Dec 9, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2002
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Did somoene say Magnolia? Magnolia is the best team in ther houston area.....:cool: (That's where I go.)

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

So yes, you are an *******, and the fact that you have a differing opinion or disagree with me on the ruling has nothing to do with it.
    =======================

Considering I am one year removed from High School I think its okay to still hate a High School. If I was a 50 year old man hoping a high school loses and etc than I might see your point. But these kids are praticaly my age and I even know a few of them. So if I hope a team loses I am a ******* right?? SO your a ******* for hoping the Utah Jazz loses etc. Your making yourself look so bad I'd suggest you stop dumbass
    And whats more important school or football??? I'm not sure how it is at Katy High but around the state, school is always has a higher priorty. If you just punish the kid than what kind of example is that setting for future players??? I can try to cheat and might be able to get away with it but if I get caught well I am only hurting myself? So I'll try it anyway no biggie if I get caught. Thats what would happen in the future not only at Katy but around the state. They had no choice to get the punishment or else kids would be cheating across the state. Did they derserve it? Its up to who you ask obviously we have differnt opinions and I'm geting a little sick of being verbally attacked just because I think differntly than you.

#24 rocketfan83, Dec 9, 2002
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I went to Katy from 85-87 and I think the team won 3 games the whole time. We were always getting our asses kicked. I for one am glad to see them doing better, not that I follow the team, but I'm glad they are winning.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hey, they went 10-0 in '86. Did you graduate from there? You may know my sisters.

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

So does Austin Westlake.

11-5A, the toughest district in the state.

If you don't believe me, consider this: Before district play, Longview, Lufkin, and Tyler Lee had one loss combined(Including wins over Evangel, Humble, Aldine Eisenhower, and Katy).

In district play Longview lost three times, Lufkin twice, and Lee once.

Back to back Pack!

#27 vj23k, Dec 9, 2002
  8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I am talking about in the Houston Area, I think 16-5A, is by far the toughest district. Everybody is good except for Cy-Creek who hasn't been good since the early 90s.

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Knibb High School Football Rules!

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

You might be right on a good district that is competitive from top to bottom, but the district with the most <b>powerful</b> football teams is the one with Katy, Elsik and Hastings.

Now if one is discussing volleyball, then 16-5A is the best district in the state. Club volleyball has that much of an impact.

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

DoD,

I don't know about Midland, but Permian has been on the skids in recent years. They hired T.J. Mills from Sealy a few years ago to come in and restore the winning tradition, but it didn't happen. They let Mills go about 3- 4 weeks ago.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Katy's won more championships. Maybe I'm just biased because I lived in Austin for 7 years and that's all I heard about. It seems lately that Katy's starting to get the statewide respect it deserves.

Yeah, I believe you. They're one of only two districts <B>ever</B> to have all 3 playoff teams go that deep in the playoffs. Katy's district is the other one. Of course, 11-5A only has 4 teams, too.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Wow I don't remember the team going 10-0 in 86... guess I was out partying. :)

I graduated in '87, what year did your sisters graduate?

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That was your senior year! They lost to Madison in their first playoff game.

'84 and '86. Cheryl Gifford was the one who graduated in '86.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Your sisters name sounds very familiar. I'm trying to put a face with the name in my head but I'm drawing a blank. I was dazed and confused for much of my junior and senior year though so it's no wonder I can't put a face with the name.

#35 VooDooPope, Dec 10, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2002
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hey remember when stratford went to the state championship in 87...to get to the playoffs they had to beat katy and win district...the game was at rhodes...katy had the ball on stratford's goalline with a minute to go with stratford winning by 5...stratford held them on 4 plays...amazing finish to a game. of course some of the subsequent playoff games stratford played in that year and the next were more exciting (including a punt return for a TD with 3 minutes left in the game against Forest Brook at Rice Stadium in 88...and the hail mary TD from Jimmy Klingler to Eric Weir with 4 minutes left in the game to beat the #1 ranked team in the nation, Willowridge that year...and the forced fumble that rolled out of stratford's endzone against LaPorte with a few minutes left in the game that ended up being the deciding points...) but that Katy game was one I'll never forget. The only thing I ever saw that was even remotely as exciting as those consecutive nailbiters was the Rockets' run in 1995.

hey...my senior year of high school we were still in that district with the alief schools. elsik and hastings...right next door to each other...were number 1 and number 2 in the state respectively in basketball my senior year! wow!!!

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wow. Those sound awesome. Yeah, I really only remember the West Brook game from '95 being a nailbiter...one of the craziest endings to a football game I've ever seen.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

WoW. You remember it better than I do and you didn't even go to Katy. Guess I wasn't paying attention. :D

PS. MADMAX - i'm working on that Gumbo recipe, we went to Dickens on the Strand this weekend so I was away from the BBS all weekend. I started typing the whole thing in last night so I'll try and post it tonight after I take my daughter to watch the rockets beat the kings. :D

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

fantastic, voo doo!! looking forward to it!

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I did a search for you sister on Classmates.com and now it has all come back to me as clear as if it was yesterday. I worked with your sister Cheryl at Brookshire Brothers in Katy in 85 & 86 (I think that's right). Small world. You can ask her if she remembers working with Mike Barker way back when. I was a year behind her Class of 87.