1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Katy High School Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DCkid, Dec 8, 2002.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Did I read that correctly? They whooped Hastings 30-0 in the State Quarters? Unbelievable! Has there been a better football program over the last decade in the Houston Area than Katy?

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Hated Katy with passion when I was in high school. To answer your question, no Katy's the best around. I'm hoping they lose soon or get caught cheating again.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Katy is just a machine. How Coach Johnston hasn't been hired as a college coach, is beyond me. Every year they lose at least half of their starters, and still reload. This year appeared to be a down year, but they found a way to advance this far.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

What about Austin Westlake?

There's a powerhouse that could easily be realigned into 4A based on student enrollment. :eek:

5. tozai

tozai Member

You know what Westlake and Katy have in common other than highly paid coaches?

They have their players developed and learning the system through middle school. That is why they are able to reload year after year in case you didn't know. What's alsoimpressive is Hastings and Elsik could have both won 5A championships since they are different regions. Alief Elsik and Hastings are right next to each other, like on the same block...

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Caught cheating? For one thing, they didn't get caught, they turned themselves in. Secondly, they cheated by allowing a "whitehead" (a sophomore called up for the playoffs) to play one or two downs at the end of a blowout.

Please know what you're talking about next time you post. It's clear by your Aggie posts, that you have no clue.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Katy's better than Westlake.

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

And why's that? Because they have gone farther in the playoffs this year?

Austin Westlake is an amazing football program. They are, year in and year out, one of the teams to beat in the state.

There are way too many awesome football programs to declare Katy the clearcut winner.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Katy's won more championships in the 1990s and 2000s than Westlake, in addition to competing deep into the playoffs every year.

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Caught cheating? For one thing, they didn't get caught, they turned themselves in. Secondly, they cheated by allowing a "whitehead" (a sophomore called up for the playoffs) to play one or two downs at the end of a blowout.

Please know what you're talking about next time you post. It's clear by your Aggie posts, that you have no clue.
    -------------------------------------------

Believe me I know all about the Katy Tigers. Live close to katy so thats all you hear about is katy this and katy that. I dont think the katy times realize that they are 3 other schools in the district. back to the CHEATING thing. Dude forged his progess report and after that all progress reports since than in all of KISD were generated through the computer not by the teachers handwriting. It dosent matter how much he played he shouldnt even be suited up or able to travel with the team if hes inelgible. Everybody in Texas has to follow those rules why should Katy be treated differntly?? They got what they deserved.
    And as my Aggie posts, what are you talking about there? Sure I hate the Aggies but when have I made something up or something along those lines? please bro lay off it

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They turned themselves in, idiot. They didn't get caught.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Go you confused with another idiotic poster.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Katy shouldn't have been treated differently, but it's just a shame a little more common sense couldn't have been used. Punish the high school in some other way. That kid playing had absolutely nothing to do with the success of the football team.

By the way, you're quite an ******* if you believe all those high school kids deserved what they got. Are you just upset because your high school sucks?

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Exactly. These kids were already on the bus after the pep rally when they were told the news. No one deserved that.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What? All this mention of winning traditions and historical high school football powerhouses and no mention of Midland Lee or Odessa Permian? :)

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Who? ;)

Mojo baby.

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Westlake plays in a weak area (CenTex).

Westlake would lose 2-3 games a year, if they were in the D/FW or Houston area.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You must go to mayde Creek or something.

My old high school plays Katy every year in week 1 for the last fouy years now I think.

And every year we get our ass kicked by theme. We get our ass kicked At Katy's field, or here at Pridgeon Stadium.

I might be bias, but I still say 16-5a is the best district in the Houston area.
    16-5A is the Cy-Fair schools, along with Magnolia, and Tomball this year.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

19-5A is one of only two districts in the history of Texas high school football to have all three teams make it this far in the playoffs (whatever district Tyler is in did it too this year).

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

They turned themselves in, idiot. They didn't get caught.

Go you confused with another idiotic poster.

--------------------------------------------------

Ok I'll correct myself on that Katy did turn themselves they were not caught. my fault this was like 4 years ago so i forget the minor details. . Buts whats with the personal insults, is it not okay to have a opinion on things?
    And why did you make that two differnt post? Is that why you have so many posts? : ;)
    Anyways this is old news, lets move on.