1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Hunt released by KC; do we pick him up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Clutchfans, we gotta do better. Any discussion regarding Hunt and ththr Texans should start and stop with if him being cut makes the Chiefs' offense bad enough and help the Texans' chances in playoff seedings snd possible playoff matchup.

eric.81 and red5rocket like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dunno if this is a sarcastic post, but there are definitely ramifications of signing a known assaulter to the team. Tarnished team reputation, what the other law-abiding citizens on our team would think, how it would affect team chemistry, etc.

Just because he may be more productive than anyone else we could sign, doesn't mean it's a good fit.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Didn't Reuben Foster just get swept up after domestic violence reports? Won't he be playing this season with his new team?
    Joe Mixons video was one of the worst I have ever seen and yet he got drafted.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only no but Hell no!!! How could you root and cheer on some thug like that, knowing that he is the kind of man that shoves and kicks women around. Sports aren't so important to me to want someone like that on my team, just because he's a good football player.

Patience and jcf like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not condoning the behavior, but can't we say that girl was also in the wrong, since she instigated and actually initiated the contact. He didn't get arrested for the altercation, so who knows. Once again, not condoning, but I hate a world where a certain type of person is always the "victim" and can do no wrong.

Cal may run things a little different than his dad, so I'm on the let's enjoy the ride if it happens or if doesn't happen train.

whag00, csj and coachbadlee like this.
  6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The NFL already suspended him I think.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Chiefs didn't need to stash him to prevent him from going to another team, he'll be suspended for the remainder of the year.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know as well as I do that stars don't get arrested like the average Joe on the street would. I don't care if he didn't get arrested. Money talks, BS walks, and that camera footage showed him kick her on the ground. Imagine what he might do behind closed doors.

9. Buck Turgidson

He won't play for a long time. Reuben got picked up by the Redskins and their coach immediately said "there's no guarantee he will ever play for us".

Some of yall's posts are pretty sad.

REEKO_HTOWN and Patience like this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Are people really going to stop watching because a player is accused of DV? What if that team has a chance at a Super Bowl?

I don’t like the what he did but he is a game changer. I agree with you

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He'll be back. He didn't beat a woman unconscious like Rice did.

However, I think Hunt is a little over-rated, and more of a product of the offense. I think Ware will put up the same numbers.

red5rocket likes this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

nope

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cool. Your line in the Sand has been noted.

14. Buck Turgidson

Let the investigative process take it's course. Until then, he is untouchable.

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

Ray Rice 2.0?

Probably not cus he's still young and can perform.

awc713 likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Did you respond to the wrong post? I said this should have nothing to do with the Texans.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think he had an incident in college too, that's why he dropped in draft. That would be two we know of, so hell no. People like him should be in jail not on a field.

18. Major

Major Member

He didn't fall in the draft or have any character concerns at that point. He was a later pick because he played for Toledo and was in a draft with Fournette, McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, and Joe Mixon.

19. Buck Turgidson

Speaking of "not falling in the draft".

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He is done for immediate future but I have a feeling the racial aspect of this incident may allow him another shot at some point. If she called him a certain name, a lot of people feel like violence is acceptable. I dont agree with this, and I may be wrong in this prediction.