1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just too much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Sep 28, 2012.

?

Would you trade White, Lamb and Jones for Davis?(please read before you vote)

1. Yes

180 vote(s)
    67.4%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. jbasket

jbasket Member

I come to Clutchfans to listen to rational people and expand ideas. Not to listen to stuff like this. People differ on opinions, but this is just too extreme. CF is weaker due to threads like this.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He's probably talking about undrafted guys like Machado. But this is ridiculous. There are slightly over 400 players in the league, many of them borderline NBA talent, the journeymen. If this draft has 80 quality NBA players they'd comprise about a third of the NBA's rotation. In one freaking draft class!

I'd like to see him name these 80 players so that we can laugh at him later on. Not that we aren't doing that already.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd say Oden was pretty unanimous. It was almost like the NFL last year, where Luck was #1 before the season even started, and then before the draft people started talking about RG3, but Luck was always the guy. Oden was always the guy.

Nobody made a similar run at Davis, but that was because there was no Durant who shot way up everybody's board.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Im sure you can find a lot of people who didnt have him the number 1 big much less the number 1 overall player. I dont believe he was the best big nor the best player. I honestly believe Thomas Robinson will be the more productive NBA player.
    There goes unanimous .... out the window.

Nothing unanimous about it .... but he was the #1 pick , that cant be taken away from him. Now he has to prove he was the best player in that draft class by being exactly that .... Many times we have seen #1 picks bust. Until proven otherwise , he has the same shot at being a bust as he does being a franchise cornerstone - More likely he falls somewhere between.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

by unanimous, i think people mean NBA teams. as in, any team would've taken him no.1.

Oden was unanimous or close, based on the reports. The hype was as big as with Davis, maybe even bigger, although Davis was arguably more impressive / had a better, healthier college year. And obviously, he was a huge talent, can't take that away from him. There's just always a huge injury risk with centers, especially the bulky ones like Oden. But you still take it. Well, maybe not if it's Durant on the other side of the equation, but if it's a bunch of mid rounders............

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Most number 1 picks that bust were not as distinguished as Anthony Davis. They were highly risky number 1 picks that had a lot of potential but also a lot of bust potential.

Lets see all the busts in the last 20 years:
    1) Joe Smith (keep in mind he was in a fairly weak draft class and he had high potential but lack of motivation).
    2) Michael Olowokandi (really a stretch 1st overall pick in my opinion. He didn't start playing bball until he was 18. Maybe they were looking for the next Hakeem I dunno.)
    3) Kwame Brown (incredibly weak draft class, had high upside but was a mental midget, also a Jordan pick).
    4) Bogut (very good player but injury prone, not exactly a bust)
    5) Bargs (risky first pick in my opinion, I have no clue what the Raptors were thinking, dumb pick)
    6) Oden (again not a bust, he had incredible potential and was a consensus pick even over Durant, injuries).

Neither Bogut or Oden are truly busts just injury prone.
    The rest were in very weak draft classes and none of them had as good of a reputation as Anthony Davis. Saying Anthony Davis has the same chance of being a bust as a franchise cornerstone(not even franchise player) is uneducated as hell.

7. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Also if you were a GM and you picked Trob over Anthony Davis you would have been fired on the spot.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its no different than comparing him to two certain hall of famers before he's played a single minute in the NBA .... which is the point I was stressing.

Hell , I'd say the possibilities of him being a bust are greater than his chances of being a HOFer and the chances that he falls somewhere between bust and HOFer are greater still.

I think you need to re-read and comprehend my point .... Comparing any 19 year old kid , #1 pick or not to two HOFers is unrealistic.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well i know Morey would still have taken Motie over Vucevic. I don't think he would have drafted Singleton, but who knows.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wanted to add Oden, but it wouldn't be fair because of his injuries.

11. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ummm WHAT??? A mistake? I'd pull the trigger on that trade in a HEARTBEAT. You wouldn't take Irving over those three? You've got to be kidding me...

12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Lets not forget ADs time with the Olympic team before he even sets foot on nba hardwood. He's being groomed...

Any team would be lucky to have him.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This thread has certainly generated a lot of conversation. I like much more than a redundant thread.

14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Man you are dumb really dumb

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Hindsight is 2020

16. alethios

alethios Member

Says the breh who bumped a 4-year old thread. Classic douche move.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a dick move, no question, but I think it's important context when considering the scorching hot takes that certain posters roll out with on a daily basis.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey thanks! Anything for the fans!:)

1 person likes this.
  20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

At least we got Harden using Lamb.

but why you bump 4 year old thread!